FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a FN 9MM DAO compact military contract overrun for sale in the most recent CDNN catalog. Does anyone know how this compares in size to a HK USP compact or G19? Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
True DAO is no fun. Are you familair with what DAO was before Glock, XD and the Sig DAK/HK LEM triggers became the new version of "DAO"

This DAO is like a revolver, not cocked for each shot. The pull will be long and heavy. True DAO guns just don't sell well.

They take much more practice to get good with - and you'll never be doing bullseye shooting at the range. They are okay for self defense at close range, or for a gun you do not use very much.

But, just making sure you are aware of that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
True DAO guns just don't sell well.
Unless you only meant auto-loaders, the S&W models 442 and 642 would be definite exceptions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have to agree with Shipwreck. I used to have an S&W 3953 which is the DAO version of their 3913. I loved the gun for concealed carry (slim, fairly light and utterly reliable), but I hated that DAO trigger pull. I sold it last spring, and I have been watching for a good deal on a 3913 ever since. I would especially like to find a "decocker only" version like the FN. Apparently there are a few around, but they are very rare.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a DA/SA FNP-9M and it is slightly smaller than the standard FNP -- the barrel is a touch shorter and the grip is shorter as it services 15 round mags vs. the standard 16 round mag. Small differences to some, but significant to others like me with hands on the smaller side. The standard FNP is nice, but for me the 9M is just right! Oh, and like the others have already mentioned, I'm not a fan of the DAO either so I would steer you towards the DA/SA version if you can find one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had an FN49 9mm w/DAO, and it was the second worst trigger ever--just after a Sigma. About the same as a Walther 99 or Beretta Cougar DAO. Which is really pretty bad. Don't buy it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
predecessor said:
I have a DA/SA FNP-9M and it is slightly smaller than the standard FNP -- the barrel is a touch shorter and the grip is shorter as it services 15 round mags vs. the standard 16 round mag. Small differences to some, but significant to others like me with hands on the smaller side. The standard FNP is nice, but for me the 9M is just right! Oh, and like the others have already mentioned, I'm not a fan of the DAO either so I would steer you towards the DA/SA version if you can find one.
I finalloy found and purchased and FNP 9m as well. Waited forever to find one with night sights....to no avail, but settled on a nice NIB here in Houston. Love the feel and the trigger, but have yet to shoot it. Can't wait.

Now if I could just find a nice paddle holster.....

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
TxMark said:
I finalloy found and purchased and FNP 9m as well. Waited forever to find one with night sights....to no avail, but settled on a nice NIB here in Houston. Love the feel and the trigger, but have yet to shoot it. Can't wait.

Now if I could just find a nice paddle holster.....
Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts