FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice will be greatly appreciated if anyone has any experience with the FNP Compact DAO 9mm that CDNN is currently advertising..I've been loking for the FNP M and it seems they are a little difficult to find since I'd prefer a SA/DA pistol, but I'm willing to give serious consideration to this pistol..They are saying it's military contract overrun..BTW this is a great site..

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Glad U like the site/.

The gun is a good gun - U just have to decide if you like a truely DAO trigger - The old style DAO (not like Glocks, M&Ps, etc).

I don't care for that kind of trigger personally.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Answer this simple question:

How well do you shoot a revolver without cocking it first?

If you answered "Pretty darn well", you will be OK with a DAO autoloader.

If not, pass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, thanks for the replies..I own four 1911 type pistols and two CZ75Bs plus several revolvers, that being said it has only been in the past year that I purchased a polymer pistol...I bought two S&W Sigmas in .40 cal and have been surprised how well I shot a DAO pistol..I've always preferred a SA or SA/DA handgun, so that should tell you about what I'm used to..I know this site is for FN fanatics so don't get on me too hard about the Sigmas, their quality has been better than I expected, but I've been looking at these FN pistols and I LIKE what I see..I was disappointed to find out they aren't making the FNP M , then I see CDNN has this compact version but it's DAO only hence my question about it, was hoping someone had some first hand experience..Anyway thanks and I just lucked up on this site, it's really nice...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad U like the site/.

The gun is a good gun - U just have to decide if you like a truely DAO trigger - The old style DAO (not like Glocks, M&Ps, etc).

I don't care for that kind of trigger personally.
ShipWreck
And I have zero experience with a Glock or M&P, only the Sigma as I alluded to in another post, so I don't know the difference between old style & what Glock offers. Are you saying you don't like the Glock trigger or this FN DAO ?..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, as stated after my other comment - it is like shooting a revolver w/o cocking it - not that much fun.
You answered my question, thanks !!..I think this will steer me in the direction of a standard FNP...

·
Registered
48 Posts
FNP9M Compact at CDNN

CDNN should have the 9mm compact, or at least they did as of last thursday. Call them at 800-588-9500 and ask. I think it is priced at
$389.99.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: FNP9M Compact at CDNN

CDNN should have the 9mm compact, or at least they did as of last thursday. Call them at 800-588-9500 and ask. I think it is priced at
$389.99.
mray4198, you da man !!.
I'm an FFL and had been searching CDNNs site and the only FN compact they showed was the DAO I referenced, never thought about calling them, so I thank you sir...They do indeed have them in stock, the FNPM SA/DA, and one is on the way... I just knew I came to the right place..It's odd as an FFL I get all sorts of catalogs and no one showed these available, Oh Well..

·
Registered
48 Posts
FNP9M Compact at CDNN

Glad that I could help.

CDNN and 2 other places that I found have them. They show as military overrun. I ordered one also, but from another location.

FN USA does not show the M model as being available in the US any more.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new toy. Will post here when it arrives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One thing I was a little disappointed about was that CDNN didn't have any extra mags..It's my understanding that the mags made for the FNP M will work..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The FNP 9m came in today, very impressed with the overall quality and even though it's the "compact" version it fits my hands just fine..So to all of you, thanks for the input..I did have time to run a few mags full and all I can say is it never missed a lick, nice pistol..Their ad did say military contract overrun, but other than the mags being marked for LE and military only, the slide is marked FNP9-M..I had a spare Fobus holster made for the SA XD and this FN fits it just right..

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Lucky said:
The FNP 9m came in today, very impressed with the overall quality and even though it's the "compact" version it fits my hands just fine..So to all of you, thanks for the input..I did have time to run a few mags full and all I can say is it never missed a lick, nice pistol..Their ad did say military contract overrun, but other than the mags being marked for LE and military only, the slide is marked FNP9-M..I had a spare Fobus holster made for the SA XD and this FN fits it just right..
:? :? :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
8 Posts
FNP-9M DAO

I bought two FNP-9Ms a month or so ago (one for my Dad's birthday).

Their DAO trigger is pretty bad. It's smooth, but has about a 12lb pull. However, I shoot it well and the gun is extremely reliable and accurate.

I've been carrying it lately to break in my new holster.

I doubt the trigger will break-in over time. I consider this my training/exercise gun. I'm building some serious trigger finger muscles with it. :) When I shoot my M&P or other SA guns, it's like butter.

For $299 it's a keeper, but I probably would have spent the extra $90 for the SA/DA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
FNP-9M DAO

this is my first post, I'm a lurker.I'm planning on getting a fnp9 I was wondering where your finding them so cheap?in the cdnn catalog , on page 5 top right( not the compact) this is a da only correct?it says decocker?if its da/sa what is the difference between that one and the one for more money on the previous page?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i just bought the sa/da fnp9m compact from cdnn wed. and it was a great purchase for only 402 bucks. all my shooting buddies are hatin on me hard. they all wanna shoot it, despite the fact they all have spr and pbr rifles and 2 p90s

·
Registered
48 Posts
FNP-9M DAO

cdunn,

CDNN should still have the FNP-9M SA/DA for $389. Also, try Sporting Arms. The last time I checked there is was $372. I got mine from thegunsource.com for $360, but they have since gone up to around $428.

I think that the DAO is still available at CDNN for $299. Just realize that every shot will be double action at about 12 lbs trigger pull. I have a Sigma 40 cal. which is DAO, and it wears me out to shoot it because of the heavy trigger pull. Great self defense weapon, but crap for target shooting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All I can add to this is that I'm extremely pleased with my FNP-9M, yes the DA/SA was more than the DAO compact but to me it is worth it..Great pistol at a fair price, now need to find some more mags...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up a sa/da 9m last week from cdnn, I like the feel, and looks of it , now I just have to get it to the range, I also waitng on my shooters pack to get here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts