FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I need some help. I brought a 17 upper to be Cerakoted and the shop declined. They said the SCAR upper cannot be Cerakoted. I was really surprised. The reasoning was that the serial number and caliber engravings from FN were too shallow. They claimed that once they bead blasted the anodized finish, it would obliterate the markings. They said that by law they cannot alter the makings in any way, including making them deeper. So they said it was not possible.

1. Have you heard this before? Is this true? I did a quick image search of SCAR uppers that have been Cerakoted and it does look like the marking are not visible unless "taped off"

2. Can you Cerakote without removing the anodizing?

·
Banned
659 Posts
Okay guys I need some help. I brought a 17 upper to be Cerakoted and the shop declined. They said the SCAR upper cannot be Cerakoted. I was really surprised. The reasoning was that the serial number and caliber engravings from FN were too shallow. They claimed that once they bead blasted the anodized finish, it would obliterate the markings. They said that by law they cannot alter the makings in any way, including making them deeper. So they said it was not possible.

1. Have you heard this before? Is this true? I did a quick image search of SCAR uppers that have been Cerakoted and it does look like the marking are not visible unless "taped off"

View attachment 139415

2. Can you Cerakote without removing the anodizing?
Sounds true and that they're looking out for their skiny white arses in the brave new world of Joe Kameltoe & his Jamacian/Indian Ho (NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN unless she got an "injection" from Willie Brown!!! YOW-SA!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts