FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having quite a few problems with unable to chamber rounds when i cock my FS2000 at times. Some times the problem fixes itself if i slap the magazine really hard and recock. Other times the problem fixes itself if i take the magazine out and add another round to the magazine then reinserting the magazine and recock. What's concerning me is that this happens to multiple of my magazines. I used USGI magazines Colt, FN, and HK mostly. Do i just have a lot of crappy magazines or is this is fairly common problem with FS2000? I used Prvi Partizan 55g ammo.

If's its the magazines, then brands of magazines work best?
Do magpul magazine follower replacements work with fs2000's? http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_98&products_id=198

·
Registered
980 Posts
I've only used the FN mag. But I heard H&K and USGI work just fine. FTF is defiantly not a common problem with the FS2000.
I have seen it happen when someone (my dad) was being silly with the charging handle. You've got to pull it back and then just let it go.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You mentioned that if you slap the mag hard and rack the charging handle that you fix the problem. -It sounds like you may not have the mag fully inserted. If the mag is not fully inserted, you can experience this type of FTF.

Inside the rifle's magazine well, there is a gasket to prevent dirt and other stuff from getting inside. It holds the mag in place and prevents it from dropping free. It can also provide the shooter with the impression that the mag is fully inserted when it is not...

ETA: The Magpul followers work fine with the rifle. It is the P-Mags that do not fit well with the rifle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have seen it happen when someone (my dad) was being silly with the charging handle. You've got to pull it back and then just let it go.
Ditto, the only time I've had problems with mine is when I failed to pull the charging handle fully to the rear and released it. Riding the charging handle to close is a no-no.

·
Registered
350 Posts
any usgi, standard good quality mag works just fine

when you insert the mag tug down and see if its seated

and i agree with the others, make sure youre not babying the charging handle

·
Registered
94 Posts
You might also get a few MagPul followers just for good measure. By all accounts, the MagPul follower is the best in the industry.

·
Banned
114 Posts
I only use HK mags with Black Hills ammo and have never had even the slightest problem. Some say the mags cost too much and the ammo is over priced but I'm ok with that as long as it goes bang when I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
163 Posts
FS Mags FTF

I'm using both the FN mag, and usgi 20 and 30 rounders, with american eagle, surplus of all kinds, steel case wolf and brown bear, and no problems with any. The only time I've had the kind of problems described on this thread is when using dummy rounds to demonstrate how the feed and fwd ejection works on the FS. Other than that, works flawlessly with whatever mags I use and whatever I feed it, be it garbage or good ammo.

Gregg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved after installed magpul followers. those work great. However, after also installing the ranger plates from magpul, they seem to decrease my mag cap by 1. Magazine doesn't lock in with 30 rnds loaded, but works perfect with 29. Anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

·
Banned
114 Posts
You should consider downloading your mags by one or two anyway. It's pretty uncommon to load to the max.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lordevan83 said:
Problem solved after installed magpul followers. those work great. However, after also installing the ranger plates from magpul, they seem to decrease my mag cap by 1. Magazine doesn't lock in with 30 rnds loaded, but works perfect with 29. Anyone else have this problem? any solutions?
That's only the case with a non-magpul follower, according to the ranger floor plate instructions that I have. Magpul follower and floor plate goes to 30 on all my mags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts