FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just thought I would share with all ventura munitions has 308 ammo :bullets: for 55 cents a round I just ordered 500 rounds :bullets: delivered to my front door for $293 I don't know if this is the right place to post this if its not I apologize just thought every one should know. I am not affiliated with ventura munitions at all every one here has helped me with all the dumb questions I ask so I thought I would pay it forward :<>:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, the Seneca Arms for 55 cents/round is Berdan primed so it's not easily reloadable. Still, it's a damn good price. :?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't reload yet but that's probably going to change soon I pick up my scar 17 tomorrow from the gun store I don't think i'll do much sleeping tonight

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't reload yet but that's probably going to change soon I pick up my scar 17 tomorrow from the gun store I don't think i'll do much sleeping tonight
I know how you feel. I've kinda got that feeling today...my vortex 2.5-10x32 and ADM delta came in and I can't wait to get home to crack those packages open and play!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all right everyone I just got my ammo today the shipped it yesterday and I received today the ammo looks great I will let you know how it shoots tomorrow when I pick up my new scar 17 :)

·
Administrator
11,102 Posts
all right everyone I just got my ammo today the shipped it yesterday and I received today the ammo looks great I will let you know how it shoots tomorrow when I pick up my new scar 17 :)
To bad the brass is Berdan primed. You can reload it but it requires lots of work and depriming it is a royal biatch. You also need to utilize Berdan primers unless you drill the primer holes but that opens up all sorts of "bad things could happen" scenarios.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where is this 7.62 X 51 ammo made? The Ventura Munitions website says that it's 2012 production, so I assume that it's non-corrosive. Being Berdan primed, this ammo would be good for a HK91/G3 rifle because these rifles destroy the brass during firing because of the fluted chamber.

·
Registered
604 Posts
To bad the brass is Berdan primed. You can reload it but it requires lots of work and depriming it is a royal biatch. You also need to utilize Berdan primers unless you drill the primer holes but that opens up all sorts of "bad things could happen" scenarios.
I tried it on one case. That one case was enough to persuade me to never try it again. The really bad part is when you accidentally pick a Berdan case up at the range and then snap the pin on your de-priming/re-sizing die.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts