FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you usually do to your guns that are cheep (less than $20) or free.

Polish the feed ramp?
Grip tape?
Number your Mags?
Stipple the grip?
Undercut the beaver tail for better grip?
Undercut the base of the trigger guard for a higher grip?

Nothing, just shoot the hell out of it!!!???

Jeep

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I stipple the ENTIRE frame so as to not be able to lift any prints off of it. I cover the slide in fuzzy tape; same reason. Then I filed the SN off.

JK :)

All I have done so far is load and unload it. When I unload it, it gets really dirty so I clean it. I was thinking about trying out some of them Hogue grip covers. I heard they are very confortible and grippy.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I just shoot it. No mods to date. My FNP-9 I shaved down the polymer around the mag release button so it was easier to hit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think you should modify things that are bought in great working order. Like my Dad used to say, "leave well enough alone." I did however buy extra factory mags that I numbered to keep track of them. And I do rotate the magazines every month which I know may start another big debate on that topic.

Reactions: Run n Gun

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took the extremely bold step of numbering my mags with a silver sharpie..
Otherwise I am completely satisfied with my FNX-45 and for me I see no need for mods. I even like the aggressive grip that some complain about. Pansies:th_shrug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 on the Masochist... HaHaHa

I love my Talon grips on my 45

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well mine is an FNP Comp thus may not be eligible for the club ;)

-replaced comp sights with Trijicons
-replaced safety levers with JathTech levers
-DPM recoil system
-Talon grips

I'm an old 1911 guy and it took a while for me to warm up to this handgun, quite a while actually. Now its my favourite shooter. Old dogs can learn new tricks...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Only handgun i own other than my lcp that hasnt needed any mods.

I added a trijicon rmr to it but i dont consider it a mod Since the tactical is cut for one.

Its my owb carry gun. Replaced my m9 with it after i found the bladetech holster

Dont muck with the feed ramp less its having feed issues caused by a faulty ramp and in that case you should send it in. I think worse thing to do to a handgun is muck with the feed ramp just to monkey finger it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I smoothed up the double action trigger pull a huge amount by dry firing it 2500+ times, counted, in groups or 100 cycles while on a roadtrip.

Also smoothed out the single action pull in the same way!

Talk about cheap!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
My FNX has the sticky mag issue. I was able to file the release mechanism to a point where the mags will drop free. Also numbered my mags, because FNX mags seem more finicky than most other platforms. I have had mags that are particularly troublesome and others that are just free of issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.