FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I got the Bersa Thunder 380 at the pawn shop with three factory mags for $200 OTD, I see this Rossi 5-shot .38 Spl for $200. It looks to be in excellent condition, like new.

I could probably talk them down to $200 OTD or even less.

What do you think? Worth buying?

BTW, I am a Smith & Wesson snob, but I'll be darned if I'm going to use my prized nickel 27-2 in a defense shooting.

It looks just like this. I think it is the Rossi 351.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I don't know anyone with a Rossi currently - but years ago when I worked in loss prevention for a large grocery store chain in New Orleans - many of the LP people were armed with revolvers. The guys who bought Rossi's had a ton of problems. I'd pass if I were you.

Everyone here knows I hate Taurus, but I'd buy Taurus before a Rossi. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Don't know much about the Rossi but I would stay away from the Bersa as a buddy of mine had one and it literally fell apart, The wost part is the slide would not lock on. Luckily he did not end up with a slide in his face.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I had a Rossi 38 back in 82. Got rid of it in 82 also. I'd stay clear of them if I were you. The internals are not well finished at all. Get a S&W, you'll be much happier in the long run. The model 36 or model 60 are fine little guns.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Change of direction: I think I'd rather put that money toward a Glock 19 3rd gen.

Have you seen the 4th gen Glocks? Ugly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts