FN Herstal Firearms banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Banned
207 Posts
Can we have a MOD ( MP_OHIO ??? ) make this a " sticky " ?
agreed.. things like this are EXACTLY why I joined this forum

·
Registered
371 Posts
Brand new Gen 3 pmag (unaltered) compared with original scar mag.

20130928_134814.jpg 20130928_134844.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Question...how many rounds through the unfixed PMAGs did you all fire before noticing this problem and the damage it causes? I bought a mint looking used 16S and fired 90 rounds though an unfixed PMAG and I can see wear already. I`m not sure if the previous owner was using PMAGs and I didn`t know enough to specifically check for this wear before I first fired the gun. I`m bummed that I didn`t check and join the forum before my first shoot with my SCAR!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Question...how many rounds through the unfixed PMAGs did you all fire before noticing this problem and the damage it causes? I bought a mint looking used 16S and fired 90 rounds though an unfixed PMAG and I can see wear already. I`m not sure if the previous owner was using PMAGs and I didn`t know enough to specifically check for this wear before I first fired the gun. I`m bummed that I didn`t check and join the forum before my first shoot with my SCAR!

I think you should be ok :0)

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum. Thanks for the great resource!

i checked three brand new Gen3 P-mags with my brand new 16s and had to modify all three. They probably would have been ok, but there's a little front to rear play when the mags are fully inserted and that caused the catch to rise up just a little.

i use a pocket knife to shave 1mm ~ 1.5mm off the mags. They work like a charm now with about .5mm of play.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a great thread and an observation that I'm sure most people would over look, myself included. I appreciate the information given and will be checking my mags and lower receiver ASAP. With over 5000 rounds through my 16-S I hope I don't have extensive damage. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a great thread and an observation that I'm sure most people would over look, myself included. I appreciate the information given and will be checking my mags and lower receiver ASAP. With over 5000 rounds through my 16-S I hope I don't have extensive damage. Thanks again.
Did you notice anything mentionable?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Just modded 20 gen 2 fde pmags this was a great write up. Lots of filing with those. Did 20 gen 3 pmags for my pops rifle barely anything needed to be taken off but still needed a very small amount filed

·
Registered
184 Posts
Excellent post, love all the pics with the directions. I've heard about the problems with a few magazine brands but never saw such a detailed explanation. Thanks again fro the heads up, when I get my Scar 16 I will test all the mags I own and any in the future with your lower test. Thanks again, It's posts like this that made me join the forum.

Reactions: outkastcrl

·
Registered
45 Posts
Excellent post, love all the pics with the directions. I've heard about the problems with a few magazine brands but never saw such a detailed explanation. Thanks again fro the heads up, when I get my Scar 16 I will test all the mags I own and any in the future with your lower test. Thanks again, It's posts like this that made me join the forum.
Same reason I joined in too. So much valuable information in here that other forums that I am enlisted in do not provide.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rather than list them all, it's safe to say that any metal (steel or aluminum mags will be ok). LWM and Gen 3 Pmags are fine.

Actually I would say check all pmags regardless of generation. Some of pmags gen3 slightly pushed up the bolt catch. It wasn't as much as the gen 2 pmags but it was enough that I performed the mod on them. Glad I did this before I shot my scar with them.

161 - 180 of 207 Posts