FN Herstal Firearms banner

Check out my new John Wick 2 Combat Master :)

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ShipWreck 
#1 ·
Well, after 14 months, I got this in FINALLY.

The John Wick 2 Combat Master

I went and shot it yesterday. I had a few issues in the first few rounds. But, then switched from 115gr ammo to 124grain ammo - as I know some guns have issues with lower powered ammo, and they need something hotter to break in with. After 50 rounds of 124gr, I went back to 115gr, and I had NO issues.

So, I fired 200 rounds in total yesterday. Fantastic gun to shoot. Easily the most accurate handgun I own. Their trigger work is excellent. Best Glock trigger I have ever felt. Should be just under 3lbs.

Also, they reshaped the grip a little, along with the texturing. The stock G17/34/45 grip is just a tiny big too big for my hands. Not anymore, on this gun. When comparing my stock Glock 34 to this gun, it looks like they took some of the thickness off on the front strap.

Recoil - wow. TTI lightens the slide, and then they spring the gun very lightly - so it is about as light as you can get and still work. When I saw the videos of Taran Butler talking about how he cuts down on recoil with this setup, I didn't really believe it much, as I have had 14 months to think about it while I waited....

When you see the videos of them shooting, the gun doesn't appear to move any less in their hands. But damn, when you shoot it - it is true. His setup really works... The recoil is very noticeably less than a stock Glock 34.

I have a slight tremor in my left hand, and usually after I shoot 150 rounds of 9mm in a handgun, my hands are shaking a bit more. Not with this gun. I fired 200 rounds though it. And if not for ammo prices, I would have fired another 200.

I was shooting one hole most of the time...

While waiting on this gun (for 14 months) - I had decided that if I didn't love this Taran Tactical gun, I could sell it and easily make $1k off of it. I'll admit, that's not why I sent it off - as I really wanted it for a year or two before I bit the bullet to get it...

But, if I knew that if I didn't like it, I figured I was going to use the money and just get the 9mm Ed Brown 1911 I have been wanting for several years. However, after shooting this gun yesterday - I'm not going to bother. This John Wick gun shoots as well as that $3k Springfield Custom Shop 9mm Operator I had way back in 2008. I don't see the need to spend $3200 on another handgun. This will be my one very nice handgun, and I'm good with that...

I too thought it was overpriced for what it was, but got it anyway. However, after shooting it yesterday, I will say it was worth it.

See less See more
#8 ·
Yes, Gen 5. I prefer the lack of finger grooves. And, the Gen 4 triggers seem to be a little heavier stock. Plus, on the Taran Tactical website, they state that trigger jobs on Gen 4s will be a little heavier.

The website listed 20-25 weeks when I sent it in. I figured - 6 months... I could live with that.

I called a few times and was promised it in a certain time frame 2x before. But, after almost 14 months, it finally made it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.