FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice on what I'm doing wrong with my scope mount and cheek rest alignment. The cheek rest places my eye too high above the scope, not in-line with the scope (when the rest is adjusted to it's lowest position). I'm using what I thought was high scope mount (NihtForce A162) 34mm, 0 MOA with 1.44 inch optical centerline (1.44" from top of rail to center of ring). This set-up worked great on my Christensen Arms .338 rifle. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used a Nightforce Unimount that was 1.5” to Center. It works well in fact I find I need to raise the cheek rest a bit. I did get the 20 Moa version. Maybe it’s as simple as getting the 1.5” version of the mount you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since I use mine with both the .308 and .338 barrels I have a Spuhr SP-4802 mount (13 Mils and 1.5"). I can just get a 100 yard zero with the scope bottomed out and have the full range of my elevation turret (S&B 3-27X). Even with that height over bore (2.75") the scope/cheek piece lines up fine and I can just get a scope cover on the front lens. The L3 CNVD-LR lines up as well with this mount also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts