FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I mount optics on a tri-rail or a standard PS90 that has the sight removed and a rail such as that manufactured by Magazine Parts installed on it what will be the difference in cheek weld? I saw one post awhile back where the person said that he needed to use a chin weld with the modified PS90. Is there that much difference in height that it would significantly affect the cheek weld? Any comments from users who have used both systems would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
If U are right eye dominant - it will be high. I am left eye dominant - but switch back and forth between eyes. So, I do not typically do a cheek weld. I just hold the gun.

However, if you want a legitimate cheeck weld, you may need to use the mag clamp and have the 2nd mag lay across the back.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The only setup that I've seen that allows decent cheekweld when using a non-FN optic is the TROSUSA ultralow mount for the Aimpoint or Compact ACOG (see pic below). As Shipwreck already mentioned, use of a dual mag setup goes far towards restoring decent cheekweld when using raised optics like the Eotech on a PS90 replacement optics rail.
Tomac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts