FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting old and bleary-eyed, so I've been picking up RMR's for the last month or so whenever a deal would pop up. They were stacking up in my "to do" pile and I finally got them all installed today. I hope to get them all sighted in sometime next week.

I had a Vortex Venom on the FNX previously, never could get the elevation set. RMR looks right on the money...we'll find out later.

Although Trijicon denies it, I suspect RMR may actually stand for Relinquishing My Revenue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, great definition of RMR. I had to beg Trijicon several times to send some RMRs to Kenzie Optics so I could get mine!! Took FOREVER to get an FDE one for my FN 509. Wised up next time and bought a Sig Sauer P229 Legion with the RMR on it from the factory.

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took FOREVER to get an FDE one for my FN 509.
Yeah, I had to do some scrounging to find the FDE ones, myself. When I found one it was never the MOA (dot size) that I wanted.
Although it doesn't show well in my crappy pic, the one one the green 509T is actually OD Green. Didn't know it was an option until I started poking around.

Reactions: Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only use RMR no battery. Keep it simple. My slide took off from my gun once with the RMR landing on the concrete floor. Put a small dent in the top corner it but did not effect anything.
Aaron @ SAGE would be proud. A real world drop test that didn't faze the unit at all. Based on his recommendations, all I use are Trig and Holosun dots on my pistols.

Bill

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only use RMR no battery. Keep it simple.
I have a dual-illuminated RMR that I picked up way back when I first got the FNX-T. The dot was a little bigger than I liked (for a pistol), and it ended up on a shotgun. It's held up nicely for the last nine years...never complains at all.

Reactions: Ely010606

·
Registered
125 Posts
Getting old and bleary-eyed, so I've been picking up RMR's for the last month or so whenever a deal would pop up. They were stacking up in my "to do" pile and I finally got them all installed today. I hope to get them all sighted in sometime next week.

I had a Vortex Venom on the FNX previously, never could get the elevation set. RMR looks right on the money...we'll find out later.
View attachment 146766

Although Trijicon denies it, I suspect RMR may actually stand for Relinquishing My Revenue.
Have you considered the Aimpoint ACRO P-2???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you considered the Aimpoint ACRO P-2???
I'd certainly like to try one out. Just don't want to commit to one before some hands on time.
Aimpoint is my preferred RDS for carbines...I have several. Quality stuff.

Reactions: Mjolnir01

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Well done!! Good thing about doing them all at the same time— you get to install fresh batteries at the same time. I have a rmrcc on my p10s. Love it. So easy to adjust and I know it can take a beating and keep ticking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts