FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Child, 4, Shoots Self at Sam's Club With Grandma's Gun

Monday, June 09, 2008

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A 4-year-old girl grabbed her grandmother's gun and shot herself at a Sam's Club store in Columbia, S.C., authorities said.

Police Department spokesman Brick Lewis said the child took the gun from her grandmother's purse Monday and shot herself in the chest.

He said the child's grandmother has a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon. She has not been charged with a crime.

Lewis said the child was rushed to a local hospital and was recovering after undergoing emergency surgery. Hospital officials wouldn't release her condition.

The store was closed while police investigated the shooting. It reopened Monday afternoon.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364745,00.html

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Tragic!
Yet another example of why you should carry on your person and not in a bag that you leave behind somewhere, even as close by as the shopping cart. To me the purse is a really bad idea for concealed carry, kids love to look through Mom or Grandma's purse, and it's a target for theft.

·
Registered
630 Posts
poor parenting, had i or one of my brothers every gone into my mothers purse without permission she would have killed us

1 - 3 of 3 Posts