FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Silencerco Specwar 762 finally made bail and was released yesterday, exactly 4 months after I e-filed....Along with some other goodies. Today was my first day at the range and I have to say I'm in love all over again. Here is a short review on my new can.

Silencerco Specwar 762:

The Trifecta FH was installed with blue loc-tite, no timing needed. This FH has 3 separate tines that negate the "ping" sometime heard with other models. The can itself threads onto the FH and then locks down via a locking collar. Anti-seize was lightly applied to all threaded areas for easy removal and thread protection (galling). It does not add much weight to the rifle, or at least I didn't notice it. I loaded 3 rds of 147 gr Winchester ammo and checked for key holing at 3 feet and everything looked nice and round. By that time everyone pretty much quit shooting because they wanted to know what just made that racket at the end of the range.... I slipped the can on and heard oohs and ahhs instead of the usual cannon going off 2 feet in front of me. The difference is like night and day!! Very quiet and still very accurate, at least at 20 yds.. with the gas adj. switch at 10 o'clock I did notice a reduction in gas blowback then when it was at 12 o'clock. I doubt I will try any subs in it but for sure the supersonic factory ammo was quiet enough to make this a tame indoor range rifle. I can't wait to get it outside and shoot with just plugs instead of ears. My next range day will involve checking for accuracy and logging my poi shift if any. I really was to busy to even properly sight in as I just wanted to do a shakedown....

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait for mine. Thanks for the range report!
No problem! You're going to love the difference with this suppressor. The first thing I noticed, besides the sound level change was that it's very strange to have recoil with little noise. I don't know how to explain it but it's a little different. I really like that I can use the Specwar on everything from the 5.56 to 7mm mag, now I just need to get some more barrels treaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts