FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a Class III dealer with discontinued FN 5.7 X 28 SS192 in stock. We would like to offer this to your members but would like to know how to go about doing it the right way. Don't want to step on any toes. Any help with this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
When ever was SS192 banned? I think the word is discontinued. But get hold of one of the Mods and they will set you up as a sponsor to sell your goods and any other cool items you have laying. around 8)

·
Administrator
12,074 Posts
punkb4u said:
The ss192 is a ball round and the 195 is a hollow point.
The SS192 and the SS195LF and SS198LF all use the same projectile.

The SS192 IS NOT a ball round, it is a jacketed hollow point with a aluminum core.

·
Administrator
12,074 Posts
punkb4u said:
The ss192 is a ball round and the 195 is a hollow point.
I have seen a photo of the SS192 cartridge listed as 'ball' ammo.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122153846

Ball ammo is defined as: A term used in the military service applied to a round of small arms ammunition consisting of a cartridge case, a primer, powder, and a full metal jacket bullet.

Full metal jacket is defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_metal_jacket_bullet

The factory projectile is a Hollow Point and at no time have I ever thought that a exposed core Hollow Point was a ball ammunition.

I still do not think that it is a 'ball' ammo.

But then the SS195 L.F. is listed as a Standard Round and its an exposed core hollow point. Maybe they did this to confuse the BCPGV people.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It is 'called' Ball ammo on the box, but is the exact same projectile as the ss195lf. No questions about it.

The pictures you're showing don't show the top of the bullet so that's why you're confused.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
The pictures you're showing don't show the top of the bullet so that's why you're confused.

Nope! Looks like a Hollow Point to me...?? :evil:

But I will have to agree with HK SD9 Tactical that it sounds like a name game, maybe to get it to the civilian market or get it imported?

·
Registered
414 Posts
tqtran said:
MrNuke7571 said:

Nope! Looks like a Hollow Point to me...?? :evil:
That's what I was saying. The SS192 has always been 'called' Ball on the box, but it's the same projectile as the ss195lf.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You can call a horse, a cow, but it still won't mooo even if you call it "old bessy".

SS192- SS195 same projectile.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
That's what I was saying. The SS192 has always been 'called' Ball on the box, but it's the same projectile as the ss195lf.
OK, I got it, I thought you were saying that I was confused. You were talking to the OP.
We are on the same page then.

And to add more confusion, SS195 doesn't say "Ball" on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts