FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone noticed that the fnp-45 manual states that you should NOT use a teflon based lubricant?????? this would include break free.... i think this contradicts the fiveseven manual. these polymer guns have me confused.

btw - decided on the two-tone fnp-45. so far i really like it. will give a report when i have more rounds thru it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes, this has been discussed many times. The PS90 manual warns the same thing - yet it RECOMMENDS that one use Breakfree CLP.

I'd use that and it would be fine. It is all I ever use for any of my guns, most of which are polymer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Yes, this has been discussed many times. The PS90 manual warns the same thing - yet it RECOMMENDS that one use Breakfree CLP.

I'd use that and it would be fine. It is all I ever use for any of my guns, most of which are polymer.
Me too. :?

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the first thing I noticed when skimming the manual.

I've used "Tetra Gun" gun grease on all of my automatics for the last 5 years or so, and the "tetraflouropolymer" listed on the label means teflon.

I never had any problems on my Sigma, SigPro or P99 when using this product.

There may be an incompatibility with some teflon carriers and the plastics that FN uses, so I just do my best to keep it on the metal rails so that there won't be any warranty issues down the road.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You guys read the manual???

I found out about the warning on this site and it freaked me out a bit. Then I tried to find out if the oils at the Wal-Mart were teflon based. Then I found that they don't usually tell you what is in the bottle of lubricant. Now I figure if it messes up my gun, I'll call the lubricant company and try to get them to pay for it since they didn't disclose it on the bottle. I doubt that would work.

Besides, shipwreck always says the PS90 manual says to use CLP or some type of Teflon based lubricant. Unless they changed the polymer formula between the two weapons, it should be OK.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
redduck21502 said:
Besides, shipwreck always says the PS90 manual says to use CLP
Just CLP is mentioned - no other teflon brands... But CLP is all I use anyway.

I used Remoil in the 90s, and got light headed anytime I used it indoors. CLP doesn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
873 Posts
No automotive motor oils have teflon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts