FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered 4 extra mags and got them in, but they are rather dirty, and a couple seem to be covered in that anti-rust stuff.

Since we can't take apart these mags, how do we go about cleaning them? I guess I could use some Powder Blast and spray the inside as best I can, but then I'm not sure how to best lubricate it.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Metal - Once you get them cleaned up, I would just spray them with Rem Oil and wipe them down. You don't want to get crazy on lubricating your magazines as that can attract dirt and dust particles which could cause you a number of issues. Just enough to keep them from rusting. :)

Your idea on the powder blast should work - that anti-rust stuff can be a bummer. Let us know what you ended up doing. I have 4 of these magazines on the way myself and will probably be in your shoes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I ended up thoroughly spraying them with the power blast and then just rubbing down the exterior with some Break Free CLP. I couldn't get inside and didn't want to have gobs of lube inside, so I left the inside alone.

They seem to work fine. I'll post if anything happens to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts