FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was kid, dad always cleaned the guns, so my experience in learning to clean firearms started in basic training on the M-16A2. I've watched a few videos on cleaning the Tavor, and it just seems like it's too simple, like I'm missing something.

Does anyone have a link to a video or instructions on what they know to be thorough cleaning of a Tavor?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
You can always clean the Tavor the way Uncle Sam taught you and me how to do: take a bronze brush and start scrubbing the finish off metal parts until they're nice and shiny.

Otherwise, stick with the operator's manual. It's that simple. Same thing with most rifles that aren't owned by Uncle Sam. There's cleaning and then there's stupid cleaning.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I keep looking for a place where carbon builds up on the piston, but don't see that anywhere. The SCAR 17 is my only other piston weapon and it always has a LOT of carbon build up on the gas regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.