FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new BLACK PS90. I think I am in love, cant put the thing down! I'm sure this is all normal though :x . Anyways, have to clean it before I shoot it, and was wondering what type of cleaning solvents do you guys use to clean after you shoot it? Anything to avoid? I dont want to mess the polymer up, thats for sure. I usually use the synthetic "safe" gun scrubber for my glocks, works wonders and doesent fade the black poly frame up. What are you guys using? Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
The manual recommends Breakfree CLP.

The 197 ammo, mostly what I shoot, is pretty clean stuff.

I just use Breakfree CLP to clean and lube (I use it for all my guns). And, I use a boresnake to clean the barrel. Some people use a cleaning rod.

But, the Breakfree will work great and is really all U need.

I have solvent at home, but use it maybe 2-3x a years for certain guns - very rarely. The PS90 doesn't need it.

There is a polymer safe Gun Scrubber - it seems like it would be fine for the PS90 - but I wouldn't necessarily say to use it - because I really don't think U need it.

The manual says not to oil the trigger group or the inside of the mags. And, they really don't get dirty. And, you can actually rinse the trigger group off in water if you really wanted to. I've had mine for a year and just wipe the trigger group down with a dry rag to get any powder off of it. That's all ya really need to do.

So, I think for the PS90 - gunscrubber is overkill. Gunscrubber is great for spraying down into the frames of handguns - where junk gets stuck up in the trigger and the hammer area.

As for the PS90 - yes, it is kewl. I love mine too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shipwreck, thanks for the information. I am starting to think over the last few days that me and you are the only ones posting in the PS90 section of this forum, lol. Anyway, about the boresnake, do they make a 5.7x28mm boresnake or are you using a different caliber one? I use boresnakes for my 9mm hand guns and .223 rifles, they are great!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
JMies419 said:
Shipwreck, thanks for the information. I am starting to think over the last few days that me and you are the only ones posting in the PS90 section of this forum, lol. Anyway, about the boresnake, do they make a 5.7x28mm boresnake or are you using a different caliber one? I use boresnakes for my 9mm hand guns and .223 rifles, they are great!

Go buy a 22 caliber rifle bore snake. Wal-Mart sells it $2-$3 cheaper than most other places. I discovered this AFTER I bought mine :?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Another vote for the CLP/BoreSnake combo. I also use aerosol brake cleaner to flush the bbl afterwards.
Tomac

·
Registered
980 Posts
All good advice. You've got all the cleaning covered right there.
I might add- a couple drops of oil on the bolt guide rods, and a once-over the shroud and bore with a rust-inhibiting product.

I love how easy it is to maintain!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yep, breakfree CLP and boresnake is the ticket. Congrats on your purchase. :? Just FYI, FNH USA web site is due to change in Feb 08. Keep your eyes open for new items comming out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts