FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
"Let's do something!" Yeah, even if it screws over 99.9% of all law abiding people and really will not stop a determined azzhole. Idiots. If they really wanted to do something they stop discussing the name and any details about the shooters. Notoriety feeds the them and adds to the determination of the next copy cat loser azzhat to top the last.

·
Registered
641 Posts
"Let's do something!" Yeah, even if it screws over 99.9% of all law abiding people and really will not stop a determined azzhole. Idiots. If they really wanted to do something they stop discussing the name and any details about the shooters. Notoriety feeds the them and adds to the determination of the next copy cat loser azzhat to top the last.
Exactly. Somewhere out there right now, some deranged loony is watching this coverage and seeing this guys name and photo on every news outlet and every website; and thinking "wow, that could be me everyone is looking at and paying attention to".

Only a delusional lefty believes gun bans will keep the hidden nutjobs from doing insane things. If they can't kill with guns; they'll just do it with knives, cars, or pressure cookers.

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Exactly! I'd thank it again if I could. The media loves making these fools into some sort of tragic hero for the disgruntled.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The interviewer knows that talks of gun-control will put a screeching halt to the Democrats making any kinds of "progress" later this year or in 2016.

I have a specific problem the psychologist who talks about "gun permits" (what are those?), legislation, databases, etc., when she should know that patient-doctor privilege is a pretty big thing to get beyond in any conversation like this. She probably does own a firearm and probably have the best intentions, but she assumes that no-one is going to abuse this great power she wants to allow medical professionals to have.

More importantly, what about someone who really needs help but doesn't trust his or her doctor to do the right thing? That person will avoid treatment and could possibly end up doing something bad to themselves or others.

I don't have the answer, and it's pretty sad. Given this guy's history, he probably should have been screened when the police was called about his YouTube video. He was a screwed up individual, but it didn't seem like he was stupid. Only stupid people will put up a video like that as a joke or in the moment they feel a certain way about the world. This guy clearly felt that way constantly.

Also.. rorschach tests and word associations before being allowed to purchase a gun? Don't make me laugh. Anyone but the most deluded person wishing to become a murderer can defeat a test like that. Besides, look at the crime rate between CCW holders and cops. I'm pretty sure you're statistically safer with a civilian CCW holder:

Police Officers Are 3 Times More Likely to Commit Murder than CCW Permit Holders

1 - 9 of 9 Posts