FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Um... No.

Must have been registered before may of 1986 and its damn well not worth it to break the law with this. Go to a class 3 dealer and ask if they have any, you can find them for under $3,000 sometimes.

My M-11/9 SMG is the only gun that goes to the range with me every time. Its a blast to shoot! :shock: They may be some of the lowest cost "Happy switch" equipped guns but out of any of mine I enjoy shooting that the most and I dont feel bad shooting the crap out of it because of the low..ish price

One last thing. Is your M-11 a semi auto Open bolt or closed bolt?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually dont have a m11 i am going to get one though. Why does it need to be open bolt?

I have an m12, is it possible to convert a m12 to full auto? I know they only made them semi- but the sear plate and hammer i think are identical. so in theory wouldnt it be the same thing for the conversion i will not mention what it is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got ya! i was wondering though if it would even be possible to convert the m12 thats all. Also i think it is from prior to 1986, the only problem is its not registered as a smg. Of course i could do it illegally, no way though not worth it, although its too easy.

I was thinking if i got approved for a manufacting liscence i could convert my guns however i wanted. Correct? I could change internal pieces for research and what not? I could even produce them if i came up with something worth while? Is the right or no?

Oh yea dont worry i would never do anything illegal, not worth it to me. i would rather wait till i have money or till the law changes to own a fully auto gun.

Also, its not illegal to talk about the conversions right?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
murlow01 said:
Also, its not illegal to talk about the conversions right?
Actually, it is AGAINST forum rules. Please read them.

This is specific to the NFA forum :

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=1181

Here is the rule:

I added this area at the request of members here.

PLEASE keep all talk here legal - know that talk of converting any post 1986 weapons into fully auto weapons is the one No-No topic here on the site!

Any such discussions will be deleted. Otherwise.... ENJOY :)
So, please don't discuss it any further.

And, the regular forum rules are here:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.