FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I appreciate his take on firearms, but I really wish he'd tone down the flowery prose.
The man's name is Colion Noir how do you expect him not to be poetic?

·
Registered
132 Posts
you know we have a bada$$ rifle when he picks the scar over his HK 417. hes a big HK fanboy not that theres anything wrong with that because I love HK as well. Its just I dont think any other brand is messing with scar 17 as far as battle rifles go.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I hope he continues just the way he is and has in the past. It is working. Look at his subscribers. He's getting the word out. With all the threats from leftist radicals he's gotten, he's doing it right. There are others on Youtube that are similar but different and not connecting with the masses as well as he has.

Jason

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Ugh boot comment was just classic! I'll never look at my stock the same way again! :happyrotfl4vi0:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I generally like his info but he sounds so wooden. No emotion at all. I did like this video tho.
lol.. How much emotion does a gun vid require? (Dont answer that..it's quietly rhetorical).

For myself, I honestly prefer his vids when he was more physically on the periphery and wasn't the star of his own vid. Must admit that I miss the style of the originals.

I cant say he's wrong for his change of format for the glaringly obvious reasons tho. It's when he started appearing fully in his vids is when his presence and personal/professional opportunities and growth occured. He did the right thing I suppose, but still..really preferred the old format. There was that way in which the item that was the subject of the vid got the focus and attention and his narration was as equally important and also the star of the show yet himself physically as almost tertiary to the subject was just so well done. I hope he doesnt totally abandon that style and every now and then does something.

The prose is...eh..okay. Once upon a time it seemed more natural, now I am thinking that it's likely where he spends most of his time and creative energies whilst burning the midnite oil...and it's sense of natural-ness is diminished and really does feel overtly scripted which I suppose in truth, it always was.

Gosh..do I sound like a movie critique with a bunch of complaints but not one vid of my own to offer. I dont mean it that way. Happy for the success, just miss ye olde style more than a little bit.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice post.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can honestly say i really enjoy his videos and what he is doing for our sport. The NRA really jumped on the opportunity to use him to wave and point as to say were not all overweight old white men! lol. as scripted as a lot of it spundsi definitely enjoy the break from "it weights 7.9 pounds, 16 inch barrel, folding stock, short stroke...pew pew pew...please like share and subscribe." Or the hour long acronym show which i enjoy watching occasionally but sometimes in my mind im saying dude, shut up already, yet cant seem to turn it off. Its a different style all together. Its like when i was young and skateboarded everyday and all of a sudden skate videos went from these low quality, badly edited handy-cam style videos to these high quality, stylized, almost cinematic productions that really made you appreciate what went into not only the video but the skating in it. I think colion has a knack for getting you excited about a potential gun purchase or one you have already made. I recently finished paying off a springfield TRP that i absolutely love and while i was waiting to get it i watched his review on it and it just made me twice as excited to get it. Same as watching this makes me proud to own a 17s and not watching it trying to tell myself my ar10 is way cooler cuz it has no ugg boot hah.

·
Registered
629 Posts
lol.. How much emotion does a gun vid require? (Dont answer that..it's quietly rhetorical).
Exactly! I much rather have someone that wrote down their thoughts and rehearsed what they were going to say instead of the dude trying to juggle between words, holding the camera, and pointing at parts in the weapon being reviewed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts