I used a brush and IPA to get down in the grooves really well. Thin coats of the lacquer worked better. I started with thick coats but the amount of rubbing I had to do to get the surface clean was taking the polish out of the groves as well. Probably wasnt fully cured. Went to thin coats that would dry faster. With the minimal rubbing it takes to clean the surface it left the grooves well filled.
The first mag ended up with like three coats. Once I figured out the thin coat and dry time the second mag only took two coats to really pop. I may do a few more for coats for good measure. On the base pad I literally filled it with like 2-3 drops and just propped it up until it dried. Then IPA and paper towel lite rubbing until the white was cleaned off the surfaces. However, again I probably was not fully cured and the thicker parts in the middle of the letters pitted out by the time I was cleaned up. It still looks really good at arms length but upon close inspection you can see it. I Will give it another go and let it sit overnight as it is a thick fill.
If you look to the far left you can see the second mag base plate propped up for the fill to dry.
When I get some black (wife only has the crackle kind) I will do the slide. From what I read, SS is problematic in getting anything to bond to the surface well. This is probably why its hard to find many examples. People are just not doing SS very much.