FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Denver (actually Broomfield for those that are familiar with the area). I've been lurking about reading the forums for a week or so. I decided to finally sign up so I could weigh in on some of the discussions. I am a new FPN9 owner as of last week and I couldn't be happier. I decided to buy on a whim after holding one. I don't know if it was the weight, the balance, or what compared to my XD-9 that really caught my attention, but I am very pleased with the purchase. Certainly some of the opinions here solidified my decision to purchase (so thanks to those that have posted positive and negative comments). My Wife and I really enjoyed the FN at the range, and now I'm considering selling the XD to pick up another FNP. The Wife especially prefers the FN since it's easier for her to operate.

Thanks to the forum organizers for running a great forum. I read through the rules and I like what they have to say (though the gmail thing is a bit confusing to me).

A little about myself, I work a graveyard shift at Denver Intl Airport, I am also a Mechanical Engineering student. I have 1 semester to go before graduation and then hopefully I will find a job that allows me to sleep with the sun. Been married for 2.5 years, no kids, 1 cat. It took about two years for me to convince my Wife that guns are not evil. Now she really enjoys shooting and she embraces the idea of an armed home. Father in law seems thriled, Mother in law (conservative as she may be) is terrified. Oh well. We still have a few years before we have to worry about curious little children hands, but it is coming, so if anyone can think of any must read threads dealing with children and guns I would definitely appreciate being pointed in that direction.

Thanks for reading my biography, I'll TRY not to be so long winded in the future! :D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Welcome Ryan. Graveyard shift here as well! I'm glad to hear you enjoy your FNP! Welcome aboard!! :?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and I know you'll love your FNP more than a XD :?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Welcome!

If you search "nightstand gun," there's some suggestions for nightstand safes around kids.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hi, have fun with the FNP's

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hello, and welcome.

I have both an XD9 and FNP9. I prefer the FNP9 as well.

Congrats on the purchase. :?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes all.

Now I just need to figure out what a very clean XD-9 with about 800 rounds through it is worth. It shoots nice, but the Wife just can't draw the slide without a bit of a struggle. Anyway, I would like to acquire an FNP-9 that I can carry cocked and locked. Or I would take a 1911 if I had the cash. Or an FNAR, but that's a pipe dream right now until after graduation... which may be too late.

·
Registered
150 Posts
same here i can't own one til Jan 26 and i'll be counting that entire 6 days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts