FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my FS2000 (Black, serial # 9xxx, already updated firing pin with spring) for the first time. :D
210 rounds of IMI 62gr Greentip,
180 rounds of Hornady 75gr TAP-NATO,
25 rounds of Hornady 75gr Steel Practice.
415 rounds total in 30 round OKay USGI mags in like new condition with Magpul gray followers.
Two (2) malfunctions :?. One FTF (Greentip) and one FTE (TAP). The two mags that had the one malfunction each, didn't repeat any malfunctions when reloaded and fired again :D .

Somewhere in the middle of shooting the 30 rounders, I tried my four (4) Colt 20 round straight mags with black plastic followers. Two (2) brand new, and two (2) older but in great shape. Once the 20 rounder was inserted, the carbine will chamber the first round from a open and/or closed bolt. Fire the first round, then JAM :( (FTE AND FTF at the same time)! Using the four 20 rounders, I tried ten times to the same effect. Only once did the carbine fire the first two rounds, but then the same mentioned JAM :( . The 20 rounds will cycle all rounds when hand cycled. I noticed the feed lip design on a 20 round mag is slightly different than a 30 rounder, but WTHeck :? ?

I prefer the 20 round mags, especially in my AR. Although the smaller mag is more difficult to remove from the FS2000, I prefer in keeping with the smaller overall package a bullpup carbine offers. I'm really bummed by this :cry: . Knocks half of my mag compatibility stash with my AR in half. Anyone else try a 20 round Colt straight mag?

Overall, an accurate, well weight-balanced carbine. I will keep track of the mags that had the malfunctions and try again. Complaints: Same as what everyone already stated. The carbine is real thick and fat. Crappy rear sight (esp. peep hole is way too small). Tough, heavy trigger, I had to use my middle finger to fire towards the end of the day. Did I say real fat and thick carbine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't know about the 20 round mag compatibility, but I do know that new AR mags can create problems until they are broken in. I had some double feed issues with a couple of brand new AR mags, but once the mags got broken in, the problem disappeared.

·
Registered
163 Posts
FS2k w/ 20 rounders

Been shooting my FS2K with both 20 and 30 rounders with no problems. The 20 rounders are colt's with green teflon followers.

Best, Gregg

·
Registered
11 Posts
ar mags

try the h&k sa 80 mags . very exp.. but worth every penny! they cured a lot of problems .

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only 20-round mags that work fine in the FS2000 are the ones with the curved bodies, similar to the 30-round mags. I have 6 of the 20-round curved-body mags, all of them with Mag-Pul Ranger Plates and Mag-Pul followers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only 20-round mags that work fine in the FS2000 are the ones with the curved bodies, similar to the 30-round mags. I have 6 of the 20-round curved-body mags, all of them with Mag-Pul Ranger Plates and Mag-Pul followers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts