·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I hope LWRCi chooses TX to relocate. I've already submitted my resume to Magpul. Sh!t, I'd quit my current job to sweep floors at either Magpul or LWRCi.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
I honestly didn't see this coming...Not in a million years. I knew LWRCi wanted to move out of Maryland because of the gun climate there, but I never thought it would come to this.

Breaking News: Colt is buying LWRC for $60 million (UPDATED) - The Firearm Blog

I just hope Colt continues to support current LWRCi products.
Yes, as, I see colt ****ing up quality in lwrc! I will never sell mine now ---- makes me want to buy a repr today before colt starts tearing stuff up

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not so much the QC I'm worried about, I think Colt does a good job in that regard. It's the innovation that I worry about. LWRCi really pushed the AR envelope with operating systems, materials and metal treatments/coatings. I'd hate to see that "outside the box" thinking go away.

Reactions: rslsss and akitainu

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
It's not so much the QC I'm worried about, I think Colt does a good job in that regard. It's the innovation that I worry about. LWRCi really pushed the AR envelope with operating systems, materials and metal treatments/coatings. I'd hate to see that "outside the box" thinking go away.
Agreed.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dang it! Had a LWRC Spartan Alpha in my hands 2 weeks ago. Passed on it though it was the nicest factory AR I have seen....kinda regret that now.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Dang it! Had a LWRC Spartan Alpha in my hands 2 weeks ago. Passed on it though it was the nicest factory AR I have seen....kinda regret that now.

They make some high quality beautiful AR platforms.

Some day, I would like to find a 762 LWRC that needs a home.

DSC_0018.jpg DSC_0018 (1).JPG IMG_0020-1.jpg IMG_0023-1.jpg lwrc_spiral_fluted_repr_3.jpg

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This seems natural as Colt wants to remain relevant and not have to spend HUGE R&D dollars on a piston system development.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This seems natural as Colt wants to remain relevant and not have to spend HUGE R&D dollars on a piston system development.
Actually, Colt developed a workable AR gas piston prototype back in 1975 or so in response to an Army request. Never went into production or offered for civilian sale.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Been lusting for a Twisted barrel Reaper for a while. Don't know how I feel about this !
Should have bought 1 a while ago.

Reactions: LebbenB

·
Registered
259 Posts
Been lusting for a Twisted barrel Reaper for a while. Don't know how I feel about this !
Should have bought 1 a while ago.
You can still own one today, especially the new 20" spiral fluted repr that just came out, iirc the msrp is $4100 and its 3-4 months wait time.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
I absolutely love my twisted m6a2 spr. Really is one of the nicest rifles I have shot and owned. I put a geissile trigger in it, increased accuracy. The bcg is one piece, and all chrome. I never have to clean it. Ridiculous clean.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Bigbuckeye- if you don't have one--- don't let it get away. Really- I'm not one to tell people what to do, but I know you like fine firearms-- don't miss it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts