FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be looking for another 45acp range/HD gun once I sell my Beretta PX4 45acp.

It boils down between the FNP45 and the XD45compact.

Anyone have both that can chime in?

The FNP45 is quite bigger than the XD45, I know I held them both at the dealer, but I am wondering about recoil and accuracy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Why are you selling the new PX4 in 45, if U don't mind me asking?

I like the 40 cal PX4 I have - not sure I'd get one in 45, though...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just love my PX4 9mm THAT much more.
To me, the extra capacity and lower recoil of the 9mm wins on that one.

I expected too much out of the 45acp px4 and if I am not 100% in love with something I get rid of it. :cool:

It is almost as accurate as the 9mm out to 10yards though.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Well, that PX4 45 SD coming out soon looks sweet. BUt from what I have been reading - the PX4 45 hasn't been as accurate as some of the other 45s out there. That SD will cost a pretty penny - doubt I'll get it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PX4 SD coming out soon is only 40sw and 9mm. Sad thing is, it is a standard tilt barrel system. Not the rotating system that the other PX4's are.
That is one of the biggest reasons I love the px4 9mm. I can rapidfire all 18rounds at 7yards in a few seconds and all be within a few inches of eachother.
Can not do this with any other pistols.

And yes, the PX4 45acp is not quite as accurate as my 9mm is. Very close though until I take the target out to 15yrds or more.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
The PX4 SD coming out soon is only 40sw and 9mm. Sad thing is, it is a standard tilt barrel system. Not the rotating system that the other PX4's are.
That is one of the biggest reasons I love the px4 9mm. I can rapidfire all 18rounds at 7yards in a few seconds and all be within a few inches of eachother.
Can not do this with any other pistols.

And yes, the PX4 45acp is not quite as accurate as my 9mm is. Very close though until I take the target out to 15yrds or more.
No, the "SD" is not the PX4 sub compact - the SD is the tan colored 45 PX4 with the extended barrel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
fnp or xd

i own an fnp but it is in 9mm, i have owned the xd and it was a great firearm. that being said, i did not like the gun enough to keep it. the fnp on the other hand, i am keeping. i sold the xd for what i payed,the fnp i have been offered more than what i payed and still have not parted with it. the xd was not as accurate as i had been led to belive it to be and the trigger was not as smooth. as for the size difference if i am carrying ccw (legal) i choose my snubbie model 605 357mag. 8)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh Shipreck, sorry you're right. I confused the SC and the SD.

The PX4 45 SD is pretty much the same as the PX4 45LE just has a tactical threaded barrel. Supposedly also has different 'polishing' on the trigger and sear components but the trigger on the PX4 45LE (the one I have)is quite better and lighter than my PX4 9mm, so I doubt it would make a big difference. Also they are pricing the 45SD's at $1K more or less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts