FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email about this shotgun. It's made by standard manufacturing and is meant to be direct competition for the KSG and UTS-15. The only thing is this is the first I've heard of this shotgun or of its manufacturer. Anyone out there know anything about this shotgun? It retails for $1,400 according to the email I received which is a lot more than the KSG. What caught my attention is that one slide of the action gives you two trigger pulls. Sounds interesting but also sounds like double the potential for feeding problems... :( . I won't be a lab rat for this one but perhaps someone who knows about them will pipe up.

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
At least the trigger is configured so you can't fire both barrels at once which might be somewhat uncomfortable for the trigger puller... :?

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
I'm not going to be an early adopter but, man, I hope reviews come back good on these. It looks like the kind of completely unnecessary purchase that wholly appeals to my baser sense of impulsiveness. I would enjoy, thoroughly, slaying many a ripe melon with that monster.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm not going to be an early adopter but, man, I hope reviews come back good on these. It looks like the kind of completely unnecessary purchase that wholly appeals to my baser sense of impulsiveness. I would enjoy, thoroughly, slaying many a ripe melon with that monster.

I actually had a friend buy one of these DP-12 shotguns... What a hunk of junk, didn't work at all. Had to send it back the factory to get fixed. Would not load the second round of shells. Just shot the first two, then got all jammed up.... I'll stick with the Benelli M2 for the same price.

Heavy and unwieldy on top of that, I wouldn't recommend.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually had a friend buy one of these DP-12 shotguns... What a hunk of junk, didn't work at all. Had to send it back the factory to get fixed. Would not load the second round of shells. Just shot the first two, then got all jammed up.... I'll stick with the Benelli M2 for the same price.

Heavy and unwieldy on top of that, I wouldn't recommend.

Thats unfortunate. I hear the UTS is a piece of junk too. The KSG seems to be coming into its own though.

Reactions: FLyon and Patton250

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just get a saiga or vepr.
I had a saiga. I got unlucky because it wouldn't feed worth a damn. No matter how much I polished it or how many "reliability" parts I added to it. Haven't tried the Vepr though. Planning on an M4.

Reactions: cetane

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I had a saiga. I got unlucky because it wouldn't feed worth a damn. No matter how much I polished it or how many "reliability" parts I added to it. Haven't tried the Vepr though. Planning on an M4.

The M4 is a good shotgun but don't over look the M2, fewer bells and whistles but a damn fine semi-auto shotgun and I'm super happy with mine.

Oh and this double barrel monstrosity, [email protected]#* that thing, haven't heard a good thing about it yet :mrgreen:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry for you bad luck with your Saiga... Mine works great, but it does have a bunch of new parts..... And as for the Benelli M4, IMHO it's the best combat shotgun money can buy hands down...

"There are shotguns and there Benelli's you need to own one to understand"..

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I hate to admit it cause it sounds a little fanboyish but I agree, I thought I could like other shotguns but once I got a Benelli.......shi..........I probably want own something else.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Sorry for you bad luck with your Saiga... Mine works great, but it does have a bunch of new parts..... And as for the Benelli M4, IMHO it's the best combat shotgun money can buy hands down...

I love my Benelli M4 Poilice Shotgun. It is the best. But there is nothing wrong with my KSG as well. Especially since it's FDE of course. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love my Benelli M4 Poilice Shotgun. It is the best. But there is nothing wrong with my KSG as well. Especially since it's FDE of course. :mrgreen:
I love my SPAS12 as well, It is actually my favorite shotgun I own, but it isn't nearly as good as the M4.... The SPAS works great and is lovely to shoot, but it is a little complex and it is mighty heavy. lol :/

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Some of the parts look like they are from the KSG.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I love my SPAS12 as well, It is actually my favorite shotgun I own, but it isn't nearly as good as the M4.... The SPAS works great and is lovely to shoot, but it is a little complex and it is mighty heavy. lol :/
Ah yes the SPAS12. Everyone should own one of these just because of the uniqueness of it. I wish I had one.

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
I wish they would come out with a semi auto aa-12 but that is all hopes prayers and dreams so I will settle on the m4
Ah, that would be sweet. My M3 is about as nice as I'm going to end up with...and I'm cool with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts