FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing SWFA's demo section and came across an U.S. Optics SN-4 1.5-6x28 w/Larue LT104 mount for cheaper than what the scope is by itself. It may have some light handling marks but I can over look that. I've been obsessing over optics for 3 months now, and I've only started looking at the U.S. Optics line recently. Finding this one with the mount included sealed the deal. Pic from the website.............

spl20179.jpg

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that I meant to say impulsive scope purchase. Hopefully it will be here by the weekend so I can play with it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Right place at the right time. Good find, MrCharlie.
Hope you have no problemo, and it looks tight & right.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Compulsive, impulsive...whatever the personality flaw, it looks like it got you a nice score. Personally, I'm plagued by phobias...so I rarely get a good deal.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nice score! Congrats!:?

Reactions: mrcharlie

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the shipping notification earlier today. It's going to be a long week.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
You got such a great deal on that scope. Excited to hear your thoughts and impression. :shock:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a couple of major problems with the scope. First of all I ordered a SN-4 1.5-6 which my receipt shows, I was sent a SN-4 1-4. I decided that I liked it enough to keep it anyway until I discovered the other issue.The bigger problem is that the second focal plane reticle is not centered with the first focal plane reticle, it is a dual focal plane model. When it is set to higher magnification the 2nd. focal plane which is a segmented circle, rises up above the first focal plane, which is mil. It appears as two separate reticles when it should show as mill cross hairs surrounded by a segmented circle. I feel that I was sold a defective scope by SWFA, plus it's not the magnification I ordered, but I may be screwed. Their website is full of disclaimers about how they are not responsible for misprints, wrong information, cannot refund used objects, etc. They say once the scope is mounted in rings it is used, I bought it as a demo item so I may not be able to return it. I'm sure that if I can't get it back to SWFA that US Optics will repair it or make it right some how. However, It was a nice day today and it did sight in beautifully at 100 yards, even with the screwy double reticle issue.

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found some pics that better show what I'm talking about. I also took a crappy cell phone pic of my reticle. I was o.k. with it being 4x, but I will not hang on to this scope with the offset reticles. By the way, it didn't start off this way. It shifted while I was sighting it in.

What it's supposed to look like at 1x at 10 yards
KD DFP 1x 10yds_cr.jpg

What it's supposed to look like at 4x at 100 yards
KD DFP 4x 100yds_cr.JPG

What mine looks like at 4x
my reticle.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Hopefully US Optics can straighten it out for you. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bs. This is potentially a bait and switch. You bought a 6x scope. Get a 6x scope. Swfa owes you not USO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sent it back Tuesday afternoon. A nice lady name Wendy asked if I wanted a refund or another scope. I requested a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 compact. The USO was a disappointment but I guess that I should have done some more research. Hopefully SWFA won't sell my replacement scope out from under me.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This impulsive purchase has come full circle. I won't drink the USO Koolaid again. SWFA took care of the situation with no questions asked, I will gladly continue doing business with them. I took an even trade on a NF 2.5-10X32 NXS Zero stop NPR2 reticle. I like it a lot and it is the same weight as the 1-4 USO scope. This time I decided to go with an ADM Recon mount just because it cost less than the Larue offerings, no regrets. Just from playing around with the new scope I can tell that the eyebox is much more forgiving than the USO and the eye relief is much better. I had to hold my head just right in order to get a good sight picture with the USO, not so much with the NF. The NPR2 reticle is a little bit thin and tends to get lost on dark targets and the illumination is not bright daylight visible. It does show up very well in shaded areas out of direct sunlight however.

nf1.jpg
nf2.jpg
nf3.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts