FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things holding me back is when something breaks or it needs service how easy is that going to be to accomplish?

It seems replacement parts are hard/impossible to come by. I don't know how difficult it is either to find a gunsmith familiar with an "exotic" weapon either if something needs to be corrected.

The plus side with an AR-15 is parts are everywhere.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
IF it breaks, U will have to send it back to FN.

But, when a handgun breaks (HK, Beretta, etc), most people send that back to the company. In my opinion, its not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If Davidson's has any in stock, you could buy from them. If it ever breaks, they will replace it free for as long as you own it. I try and buy every gun I can from them. I've already used their guarantee with great satisfaction. It sucks sending a gun back to the manufacturer and have to wait weeks for what is basically a repaired, new firearm. Bill T.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Frankly, With F.N.'s REFUSAL to support the products, I would stay away from them.

That being said I should disclose that I own two of the rifles, and am quite happy with them so far.

But consider the PS-90 uses ammo only supplied by F.N. not other source. Add to this, you can only get the flavor of ammo THEY like.

Virtually No spare parts to speak of. I personally dislike having to send a weapon back to the manufacturer for repairs that I could easily make myself, EXCEPT they (F.N.) refuse to sell parts.

Lastly. what do you do when you send the rifle in and they do factory UPGRADES, like installing the new standard trigger pack.

With all that has gone on already do you really think they will return the old one.

In short I would stay away from F.N. product, at least for now.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
We have an aftermarket ammo sponsor here to buy ammo from.

And as for upgrading the gun if U send it in - Glock does the same thing if U send in the gun for any work. In fact, theyw ill remove any aftermarket parts (they will return them to you) and make the gun stock again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Frankly, With F.N.'s REFUSAL to support the products, I would stay away from them.
euhm, refusal to sell loose triggerpacks doesnt equal refusing support.

as you say yourself, FN will fix your rifle if you send it in. how is that no support? :evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts