FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am pretty sure that i am going to get a FS-2000 - soon.

was planning on the tactical version in black.

anyone here with the integrated 1.6x sight? any comments on the optical performance.

i have a ps90TR and an eotech - was thinking of adding a 2x aimpoint on the fs2000, but if the 1.6x optic is really good, then may do that instead.....

also - any recommedations on a dealer?

finally - do i need to ask about serial number to get a newer version? any major bugs fixes?

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally I wasn't all that impressed with the 1.6x optic... To me, it's not that different than using the naked eye. I'd recommend that you get the Tactical model and slap on an Eotech plus the 3x flip-up add-on, which is the way I'll go when I sell off a lot of my other toys to raise cash.

(There IS one reason to get the Standard model. From what I understand, the factory 1.6x optic is removable, revealing a rail underneath. If it were possible to install other optics on this rail, then getting a Standard might be a better idea, as it is definitely impossible to install a factory optic on a Tactical model. With the Standard, then, you'd have more choices...)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I second the tactical model.

You have the ability to CHANGE the optic to suit your mission, or if you don't like it.

The rail underneath the factory 1.6 optic is NOT a standard pic rail.

--Fargo007

·
Registered
47 Posts
I third the tactical model as well. The 1.6 sight is nice, but it's no where near worth sacrificing the picatanny rail.

As far as quarks, there was only one recall, and that was on the first 500 shipped into the US. They had a recall on the firing pin because they were apparently drop-firing (wrong term, I think).

Other than that, I haven't heard any issues on any of them.

I bought mine less than a month ago, and I love it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Fortunately, you have the option of mounting your own optics on the Standard.

Without a doubt, I would get the Standard. It does everything that the tactical does, and more in that it comes with the original 1.6x optic (the shroud won't fit on the tactical).

I've posted pictures on numerous forums to show the rail, and how it holds everything that the tactical can that I have come across with it's weaver/picatinny rail. It might not be a mil spec 1913 rail, but it will perfectly accept all picatinny applications that I have come across. I am NOT stating that "ALL" 1913/picitinny accessories will work, but I have a pretty damn wide variety and they all work perfectly.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
You couldn't go wrong with either one IMHO, however, i prefer aftermarket optics over the 1.6 optic :?

·
Registered
125 Posts
My brother in law has one with an eotech on it, and we both love it. We don't get to shoot it much as we are keeping its existence a secret from my sister. I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that the rail under the 1.6 optic is not metal and is plastic. Is that true? I know its not a mil spec rail, and the above post mentions that, but no mention of it being metal or not. If it is plastic, that would be a deal breaker. Hopefully where ever I read that was just not accurate info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ordenta said:
My brother in law has one with an eotech on it, and we both love it. We don't get to shoot it much as we are keeping its existence a secret from my sister. I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that the rail under the 1.6 optic is not metal and is plastic. Is that true? I know its not a mil spec rail, and the above post mentions that, but no mention of it being metal or not. If it is plastic, that would be a deal breaker. Hopefully where ever I read that was just not accurate info.
It's plastic, and is "kind of picatinny" - I have not looked at one, but there are claims on AR15.com that stuff fits it and that it is plenty tough. On the other hand, the tac model does allow more options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts