FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a dot in a DM mount and a Sightmark light/laser combo on the left rail.

I've done plenty of firearm machine work and have all the right tools.
I'm considering chopping my receiver and adding a low top rail, similar to this one (not my pics). The intent would be to remove bulk and weight.

I would probably run the new PA 1x prism in the lowest mount configuration, with a CT low profile light/laser in front of it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like your current setup, like the old saying goes “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” New setup would be nice too and updated.

·
Vendor
5,941 Posts
Have you figured how much weight you would lose by doing the mod? I think most of the weight lost would be in going with the new sight and laser/light. I like tinkering with guns so if you have the time and tools it would be a fun project.
Try just swapping out the sight and laser first to see how you like it. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Currently have a dot in a DM mount and a Sightmark light/laser combo on the left rail. I've done plenty of firearm machine work and have all the right tools. I'm considering chopping my receiver and adding a low top rail, similar to this one (not my pics). The intent would be to remove bulk and weight. Thoughts?
It's not worth doing the modification for weight, you'll only shave a few ounces. It is worth doing it to reduce your sight height over bore. The worst thing about the PS90 and all bullpups is the higher sight height over bore. It causes rounds to impact much lower at contact distance, much higher at intermediate distance, and much lower at distance relative to your point of aim. The more you lower the sight height over bore the flatter your trajectory will be. I'm working on my plans mill down a pair of receivers and install lower picatinny rails.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've already got a DM mount for the Holosun mounted, it's about as low as i would want to go.
Thinking of milling a stepped pic rail, or a short section of pic at the rear for a low optic, then a ~1/4" lower MLOK pattern in front of that for light/laser.
This would be more straightforward with a tri-rail receiver as opposed to a standard like mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts