FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Senate Bill SB45 has now been passed through both the Kansas Senate and House by wide margins! It now goes to the Governor for his signature.
If signed into law it will go into effect July 1,2015.Kansas has come a long way in promoting 2nd Amendment rights in the last eight years.

SB 45 | Bills and Resolutions | Kansas State Legislature

·
Registered
848 Posts
Maybe it'll scare off all the damn tree hugging hippie libs. I won't be holdin' my breath. :)

Reactions: vz58kid

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Used to live in Junction City/Ft. Riley yrs ago and really liked the people and scenery, but last few yrs. have thought they were way behind in 2nd amendment issues, regarding CCW which is now legal after a long long time!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Now with the latest approval of constitutional carry u have jumped ahead of many States, Ga. last yr. passed a new "Open Carry" Law with permit! Tn. didn't but will allow anybody to carry any gun in vehicle without permit if of age and also did away with knife laws, finally!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I kinda blame K Sebelius for the odd affairs that Kansas is in. She left the state to screw up other crap SUPER nationally.

We swung hard as a red state after she left. Currently the Davis/Docking (for Dem Gov)and Greg Orman (Ind/Dem for US Sen) campaign is still greaving their loss for seats right now so Gov Brownback is taking heat in Demacratic issues like school funding, that's my take on it, not too sure tho.

Reactions: vz58kid

·
Registered
932 Posts
Question. I want to clarify. Constitutional Carry would allow citizens of the state to carry a firearm without a permit or required government authorization, correct? So, anyone would be able to carry a gun legally? This would benefit the law-abiding citizens greatly but what about the questionable people? The ones who choose not to work, use drugs, prostitution, shoplifters etc.... My point is that are many people who should not carry a gun much less own one. This is what the good people and the LE will have to contend with. As of right now in Indiana, citizens are required to have a permit to carry. The process denies people who really shouldn't carry a gun. I am not saying this to upset anyone or to start an arguement. I am just stating my opinion as a 2nd amendment supporter, gun collector and as a LEO.
I know alot of people would say that the form 4473 (gun purchase) would prevent them from getting a gun but what about privately obtaining one? Will this help the anti-gun grabbers agenda?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now with the latest approval of constitutional carry u have jumped ahead of many States, Ga. approved it last yr. Tn. didn't but will allow anybody to carry any gun in vehicle without permit if of age and also did away with knife laws, finally!
GA does NOT currently have Constitutional Carry. You must have a permit to carry in GA

IG224 - There is nothing in the Second Amendment that suggests that ANY person should be excluded from their RIGHT to keep and bear arms. It is my opinion that if you are suitable to be roaming around in public, then you should be able to have a firearm. Conversely… if you cannot be trusted with a firearm, then you shouldn't be in the general public.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
U are correct Ga. enacted in 2014 what is called an open carry law which gives its residents many more options for the better than other States! (however it is with Carry permit) in places where in neighboring States u would go to jail for!New Georgia Law Allows Gun Owners to Carry Everywhere, Almost

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Seems in Tn. every few months somebody gets arrested for having a gun at the airport either on their person or luggage, but now in Ga. instead getting arrested u simply are asked to take it home etc..

·
Registered
848 Posts
Question. I want to clarify. Constitutional Carry would allow citizens of the state to carry a firearm without a permit or required government authorization, correct? So, anyone would be able to carry a gun legally? This would benefit the law-abiding citizens greatly but what about the questionable people? The ones who choose not to work, use drugs, prostitution, shoplifters etc.... My point is that are many people who should not carry a gun much less own one. This is what the good people and the LE will have to contend with. As of right now in Indiana, citizens are required to have a permit to carry. The process denies people who really shouldn't carry a gun. I am not saying this to upset anyone or to start an arguement. I am just stating my opinion as a 2nd amendment supporter, gun collector and as a LEO.
I know alot of people would say that the form 4473 (gun purchase) would prevent them from getting a gun but what about privately obtaining one? Will this help the anti-gun grabbers agenda?
I know regardless of the outcome of this bill you still have to fill out a 4473 for ffl to transfer a firearm.

We all remember the movies where there guys are playing cards at a table, each cowboy has a ace but no one has all the aces, but the cowboy respects the other cowboys because he doesnt know who has all the aces. There will be issues thoe people but if 90% of Kansas is now CCW by virtue of this bill, who in thier right mind will present one in public knowing at least 9/10 people carry a firearm. Those in their wrong mind will prolly show up sonner than later, no doubt.

Thank you for your service as a LEO.

Reactions: IGC224 and vz58kid

·
Registered
113 Posts
U are correct Ga. enacted in 2014 what is called an open carry law which gives its residents many more options for the better than other States! (however it is with Carry permit) in places where in neighboring States u would go to jail for!New Georgia Law Allows Gun Owners to Carry Everywhere, Almost
GA had open carry LONG before 2014! The law you are referring to is the Georgia Safe Carry Act. I was present when the Governor signed the bill into law. I am a member of the organization that helped get the bill drafted and eventually passed.

Seems in Tn. every few months somebody gets arrested for having a gun at the airport either on their person or luggage, but now in Ga. instead getting arrested u simply are asked to take it home etc..
You were allowed to carry in the airport in GA prior to the Georgia Safe Carry Act. You cannot be asked to leave or take your firearm home. You cannot attempt to go through TSA into secured areas of the airport with a firearm (i.e. gates or concourses). It is perfectly legal to carry (open or concealed) within the terminal as long as you are a Georgia Weapons Carry License holder (or a CCW holder from a state with reciprocity).

Know the law before you spread information about it on a public forum.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think VZ understood see post 8.

Kinda a DB thing to say you agree, same team.... Could do with out the last statement, however little condescending it is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now I'm a DB for believing that spreading inaccurate info concerning firearms laws is unwise? Suppose someone reads inaccurate information and ,as a result, ends up getting themselves in trouble. I realize that this is not likely the case in this instance, but (by the same token) it IS inaccurate information which may lead a reader to believe that they are not actually allowed to carry in our airport (which they in fact are).

I take knowing and understanding firearms laws very seriously. If you are going to put information on a public forum for anyone (and everyone) to read… it is important to be sure that the information is accurate.

vz - I apologize if you took this as a personal attack. It was not intended to be such. Please understand that I only seek to be sure that correct and accurate information that is easily understood is out there for people to read. I also recommend that individuals spend the time and effort to research for themselves concerning firearms laws that may apply to them in a given situation. I know that I would not cross the GA/TN border without looking into TN laws for myself.

·
Registered
848 Posts
You're a good person no flaming or attacking anything you wrote, we're on the same team going down the same field.:th_surrender:

Hell, I can understand it completely that you feel that way. Hell it was not too long ago I ate crow too. TRIJICON MILITARY DISCOUNT --the thread was somewhat sorta deceptive:
http://fnforum.net/forums/optics-mounts-sights/63748-trijicon-military-discount.html

I wanted in on it too. I got really excited. I looked into the validity of it only and posted without reading the restrictions... everybody facepalmed. I posted a meme pic RIF

Reality is what you desire, but you cant always prevent or alter something that happened in the past, just because you desire to. Mistakes are made constantly, and those that want to interpret what is written in law to their will, right or wrong; will do it regardless if its in a forum or in state statutes,pdf file. You should be more accepting of it from like-minded individuals with more tolerance.

I spoke in another forum to a group of individuals about individuals complaining about the action of a rifle that one person assumed it was me speaking to him in general, I wasn't directing anything towards him. He himself had thick skin but that's not true with all people.

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am not questioning average good people, I am asking in reference to people who would not pass a background check for the legal right to carry via permit. Do we want them armed too?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am not questioning average good people, I am asking in reference to people who would not pass a background check for the legal right to carry via permit. Do we want them armed too?
Again I say… If a person is unfit to carry a firearm, then they shouldn't be free. If I can bump into you in a Wal-Mart, then you should be allowed to possess and carry a firearm. If you are so dangerous as to not be trusted with a firearm, then I'd rather you weren't among the populace.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Patricia Stoneking posted this to facebook: She is the President of the Kansas Rifle Association

***LEGISLATIVE UPDATE***
Just a little bit of news to keep you informed. I can now tell you that Governor Brownback will be signing SB45 so everyone can relax. If the bill makes it over to him today (has to be enrolled and engrossed first) then he will sign it this Thursday. The 10 day signing clock does not start running until he actually receives the bill so that countdown has not started yet.
Also, SB65, HB2074 and HB2087 will get worked during the veto session. There just isn't enough time to get them done before first adjournment which is this Friday. They are trying to work out a plan to get those 3 bills done during the veto session because they will be holding General Orders during that session. The veto session begins April 29th and is scheduled to run through May 12th, however it could go longer than is scheduled at this time.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I hope Texas will follow the lead of Kansas as far as pistols for open carry in our state.
Last I remember is the bill to allow Texas open carry of pistols passed the state Senate and was going to the House of Representatives next. Our governor is all for this amendment to Texas statute and is ready to sign the bill to pass and enter into the state law books.

HOWEVER, unlike the Kansas law which allows carry without permit, the Texas open carry law for pistols is only allowed for those who hold a Texas CHL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts