FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Dont know what to make of a "Grown Man" wearing a huge "Zombie" (Grim Zombie Reaper at that) T-shirt and testing ammo??? Trying to get a new type of Zombie ammo out there like Hornady's?

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but to me that seems quite immature and silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But to each his own.

Reactions: monsterdog

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted this because the ammunition looked interesting and different. As for the t-shirt, I didn't even notice it.

Maybe some people just like to have a little fun with the zombie theme, they're probably not taking it seriously?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I guess your right the "Chaos" part sounded like a gimmick it does a lot of damage similar but not as good as the Hornady Zombie ammo.

On the Zombie theme I could not agree more, put some green paint and bio-hazard stickers and or zombies on anything and folks will buy it, we even have a huge Zombie Thread on here and just look at all Zombie gear & knives for sale.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, look at it this way. In this politically-correct world where thugs are would-be martyrs, zombies are the only folks left without civil rights. The government and media have done their best to stop stereotyping- most bad guys in DHS commercials, DHS memos and movies are white. However, 20 years from now, when whites are a minority, lawyers are going to clean up on the lawsuits filed by the poor helpless white folk seeking reparations. At least with zombies (ebola zombies don't count, as they're not really zombies), we don't suspect reanimation of the dead in the foreseeable future, so they make the ideal bad guy. You can talk in zombonics, go to parties in zombie face, make fun of their food (brains) and make jokes about them with impunity, because so far, there's no collective of civil activists who'll come to march in your community should you offend the zombies.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
There were News reports a few yrs ago when Hornady 1st marketed their Zombie Ammo of kids wanting some for their toy guns, a lot had to do with the pretty packaging!

Lets not forget the R.I.P. ammo (junk) people were paying 1K for 1- 20 round box on Gunbroker last yr!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess your right the "Chaos" part sounded like a gimmick it does a lot of damage similar but not as good as the Hornady Zombie ammo.
I'm not sure the damage alone is the selling point for this ammunition, but a combination of penetration and damage.

Take the .223 round in this video, the Hornady "zombie" offering is basically a rebranded 55gr varmint round with a bright green ballistic tip, this is solid machined brass. I could be wrong, but doubt it would go through a turkey bone, then go through 4 layers of demin, then shatter a pork rib, and still be capable of creating a wound channel like that. Not to mention have the base of the bullet continue through the ballistic gel afterwards.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I am impressed with the wound channel it leaves. I'll bet it's expensive though. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts