FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a new PS90 owner. I'm happy to have discovered this weapon and bought one before 'change' makes that tougher.

The county where I live (Cook, Illinois) has a 10 round magazine law. I've been trying like crazy to find one to purchase, but they're a pain to find.

I've converted a 30 round magazine to 50 rounds, and it got me to wonder if someone makes (or is willing to part with) the magazine block for a 10 round clip. Do they use a different spring for the 10 round clips?

I know that it may sound sacrilegious to do this, but I want to avoid hassles at the range.

Thanks.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Move?

If I could sell my house without taking a bath, I'd be in Lake county tomorrow. Tough times here.

Cook county's assault weapon ban doesn't list the FN90, and the FN90 doesn't meet all of the criteria for banned weapons. AR-15's and AK's are forbidden. If I lived in the City of Chicago, I believe that their laws completely prohibit the PS90 (not entirely sure about that, but wouldn't be surprised).

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I would contact FN, Can't hurt to ask. Tell them that you acquired some mags out of state and before you bring them home you need to convert them to 10 rounders. It would not surprise me if they just gave you a couple of the 10 rd mag blocks for free or just the shipping charge.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An update

I called FN this past week and spoke with a customer service representative who appeared to be quite knowledgeable. As I kind of expected, they don't provide the plastic block to convert a magazine to 10 round capacity. He claimed that the block isn't available because the 10 round magazines are made differently such that they cannot be modified in the same way that the 30 rounds are commonly done. He said that the 10 round magazines are tamper proof (sound true?) in order to comply with the laws that mandate them.

He mentioned a few other unrelated, but interesting things:

1. FN is coming out this year with a line of improved tactical slings
2. They are coming out with a new soft carrying case for the PS90
3. They will be opening an online store this year in order to sell accessories, as they believe that many of their dealers focus on gun sales, but don't stock the full line of accessories.

Thought I'd pass this along.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Re: An update

hgeyer said:
I called FN this past week and spoke with a customer service representative who appeared to be quite knowledgeable. As I kind of expected, they don't provide the plastic block to convert a magazine to 10 round capacity. He claimed that the block isn't available because the 10 round magazines are made differently such that they cannot be modified in the same way that the 30 rounds are commonly done. He said that the 10 round magazines are tamper proof (sound true?) in order to comply with the laws that mandate them.

He mentioned a few other unrelated, but interesting things:

1. FN is coming out this year with a line of improved tactical slings
2. They are coming out with a new soft carrying case for the PS90
3. They will be opening an online store this year in order to sell accessories, as they believe that many of their dealers focus on gun sales, but don't stock the full line of accessories.

Thought I'd pass this along.
A 30 or 50 rounder can not be converted to 10 rounds? Some one better tell them to stop putting 50rd components in there 10rd mags because everyone is converting them to 50s. And there tamper proof? Do you think we should tell them we know its only super glue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts