FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to convert a PS90 to SBR PS90?
Does it go by state/local laws?

I want to do it, but I don't want to be jailed if I take it to the range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am located in wisconsin.

That sounds like typicall left wing BS to make you pay $200 to modify something that you currently own.
:grin: :-x :grin: :-x :grin:

I do appreciate the information, and thank you.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm not sure how many people back in 1934 would be classified as "left wing", but them's the rules. (The $200 tax stamp has been around since 1934, and has not gone up since, not even to correct for inflation.)

Zhur

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
Zhurdan said:
I'm not sure how many people back in 1934 would be classified as "left wing", but them's the rules. (The $200 tax stamp has been around since 1934, and has not gone up since, not even to correct for inflation.)

Zhur
$200.00 back then would buy you a 1911 so adjusting for inflation would mean that we should be paying around $1000.00 for the stamp now.

I expect that this 'tax' will be targeted for major increase by Bho Bho's boys and girls. All they have to do is to repeal the tax and let the AG dictate the fee based on falsely accumulated criminal activity involving firearms. Poof! - No more NFA.

IMHO, as far as the SBR is concerned, Get It Done!

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote="HK SD9 Tactical]
$200.00 back then would buy you a 1911 so adjusting for inflation would mean that we should be paying around $1000.00 for the stamp now.
[/quote]

Well, according to the consumer price index (not always the best judge of inflation), $200 in 1934 would equal $3067 in 2007.

Going on here-say (I haven't read the fine details of the law), the rate of the tax can't be changed without repealing the entire gun control act of 1934. I can't guarentee that I have the correct data, but if that is true, it is unlikely that it will change anytime soon.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Repealed and replaced... I for one like it just like it is (rather than some uhhhh abomination that might replace it.) (funny how abomination and Obamanation just roll off the tongue the same)

Zhur

1 - 10 of 10 Posts