FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this site, and hopeful that we can come up with a solution. I found a Fixed stock TPS at a GREAT price and would now like to convert to a ACE type stock. Any ideas on how to go about doing this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same question and haven't had a lot of luck speaking with FNH customer service so I'm looking forward to replies here. At first I thought of changing out my fixed stock for one of the Knoxx recoil reducing stocks but, with all the talk about changing the trigger group, I've changed my mind. I have a Vltor collapsible stock on my M4gery and really like it. I was wondering if I can just remove the fixed stock on the TPS, install an aftermarket buffer tube (maybe a Mesa Tacticalrecoil reducer type) then install a Vltor or other style of collapsing stock. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
Finaddict said:
I'll be watching this thread with interest.
As you can see this thread is almost a year old, so good luck with that. A better option would be to call FN and speak to Bob, 703-288-1292 ext 122.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, thanks. Noticed the age after I posted, oh well. I talked with Bob after leaving an e-mail and 3 to 4 phone calls for Tim and Bob gave me the info on the Knoxx stock and having to change the trigger group. He sounded kind of rushed so I didn't get to go into the other aftermarket stuff. Guess I'll just do some playing around with my local gunsmith and see what we can come up with. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts