FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this first one i did a bigger more detailed thread on the process i did on this one, but i went back and refined a few things and did a green the same way (basically a TR but lower). The original has an ACOG on it, and i moved the EOT to this version. I CeraKote'd it and the EOT cover to match (im waiting on a black furnature EOT to match better). i LOVE the 2 tone look, altho the camera flash messes with the color a tad.

this is my newest version. its somewhat similar to what Thomson's replacement reciever achieves, except using the OEM reciever. Fed Ex dropped off this gun, i ran 100 rounds thru it to find any immediate factory flaws, and in under 20 minutes it was in the mill vice with a sawzall removing the unneeded parts. UGH, that feeling never gets better. i wish i would have taken some in progress shots, but it a one afternoon project, and i didnt have my camera at the shop. its CeraKote'd titanium blue.

i build this version to specificly use the Trijicon Docter site

but it works freakin perfectly with just about anything we have thrown on it...

im a nut for details (i blame my graphic arts background), but when i did this project, i took out ALL the casting lines, pours in the metal, and decked alot of untrue surfaces as much as possible. all the edges have a very gentle radius, and most importantly, the reshaping had to make sense in the overall design of the gun. rounded magazine, rounded reciever, rounded pic rail :D

both these have given me an idea for one last custom version. once the fun money fund recovers, i think ill tackle it. it will be an REAL oddball!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
did you make that stand too? all of it is pretty wicked.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
acmeraptor said:
did you make that stand too? all of it is pretty wicked.
lol, i read ur mind 2 minutes ago!

no, another member here made it. i got one for my 90's and 10 for my AR-15's. i need to get more!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its an NStar 3-9 bi-color illuminated scope with .223 ballistic rangefinder. i love the positioning of it with this particular mod. perect cheek weld for my grip. isnt not an expensive scope, but ive found it to work very well and its help up to quite a bit of abuse. it normally lives on my H&K SL8.

·
Registered
163 Posts
PS90 Stand

I'm really diggin the stand, any idea where they sell em?

Thanks, Gregg

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That's a great pic and a "smooth" rifle. How did you get the receiver so slick? :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sand paper, a file, a sand blaster, and of course, elbow grease!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
thats why i love ps-90's you can customize them to make it your own so they dont all look the same :)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
very nice....now all i have to do is pick up my jaw off of the floor! :shock:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I sure hope you are not talking about the quad rail. The fake suppressor they have right over the barrel is nice but other places make some in different styles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes; at least I think this is it. I was looking at the "Quad Rail Hand Guard." I could not care less about the fake suppressor but man that Quad Rail looks nice. Any advice you have will be welcome. I am looking at getting a PS90 Sunday the 3rd and, of course, I am looking at modifying it to make it mine and mine alone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts