FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys bought my FNP .40 in September. So far only 200 rd or so through it and tonite I disassembled it to clean (since I have been carrying it often due to the hunting season) and I noticed this.

ANy Ideas??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked out the FNH USA website about my slide stop issue. Apparently they will handle issues like this. Download the form on this page and go from there. FN is a high quality company, I'm sure they will take care of you. This is just a teething issue; all manufactures have to do some fine tuning on new products.

http://www.fnhusa.com/contact.asp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked with Bob Ailes today - they are handling it in a top notch manner.

Way to go FN for first class customer support.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been trying to warn you guys about flex in the polymer wall of the split sear, DA/SA fire control group since July.

Now maybe somebody at FNH-USA believes it.

:-?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Evopsych said:
I've been trying to warn you guys about flex in the polymer wall of the split sear, DA/SA fire control group since July.

Now maybe somebody at FNH-USA believes it.

:-?
I have been watching 'n waiting too, from our discussion in July '07 - so far this only affects the DA/SA fire control group?

Im interested in the SAO in .40/.45 FNP - will continue to monitor as things progress. :eek:

Im sure this has finally got FN's attention! Great job Evopsych!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update

Talked with Browning repair 2 days before Christmas - been in the shop since Nov 25th (Shipped on the 18th).

The Browning rep said the gun was identified for full replacement - new weapon hasn't been issued. Hopefully I'll get it in the next week or two.

Overall easy to deal with Customer Service.

Hope they include a final report or statement that identifies what casued the problem and how the new weapon is different to prevent it from reoccuring.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry to report add me to the list. My FNP 9 showed up with the exact same problem as pictured above. In precisely the same place. Going back to FNH today.

·
Registered
229 Posts
FNP9 cracked too!

After reading all the comments about cracks, I figured I better look closer at mine. It's cracked in exactly the same place as shown in this thread. Had no problems with pistol and love it. Put about 500 rounds through it. Guess it gets a trip home too. Funny thing is, I just bought a new FNP9M today. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
229 Posts
cracked FMP9

Just guessing but it looks to like use of the decocker is causing that piece to break. Gonna "thumb decock" on my new FNP9M until this gets sorted out.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Re: cracked FMP9

forestranger said:
Just guessing but it looks to like use of the decocker is causing that piece to break. Gonna "thumb decock" on my new FNP9M until this gets sorted out.
Interesting observation...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm new here but i bought my fnp-40 1 year ago and 200 rounds in the single action mode would not work it kept going back to double action every time so i sent it back to the manufacturer they had it back to me 3 weeks i havn't had a problem since and i put 2000 rounds downrange since i love this gun and wouldn't trade it for a sig,hk,or a glock

1 - 14 of 14 Posts