FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is always crime. But in the past couple of weeks - a guy escapes from a neighboring county and comes back and robs 2 banks (1 that he robbed months ago). A hotel gets robbed 2x in 6 months. Another hotel is robbed. Convenience store robbed. Someone attempts a car jacking right by my house (3 days ago), and I just read about a robbery at my local wal-mart that is nearby. And, this is just what I remember from the past 3 weeks. Things are taking off....

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
You never can be to safe with nut jobs like that.....be safe ship and im sure you are almost packing heat right?? :p

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm covered, don't worry. Buts till - ya gotta be able to get to your gun.

Any, my wife is so antigun that I can't get her to come to the range and even just practice 1-2x a year. She won't accept responsibility for defending my son in that regard either. What can I do.

I also have a neighbor with a huge pit bull that can almost jump the fence. If I walk down the back alley past their house - that dog's neck and head is over the 6ft high fence. I've warned my wife not to walk past the rear of that house w/o me

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I dont blame you there....thats a huge dog. I have as u you know large snakes and i also have a dog thats bar lab and great dane that weighs 140+. My gf is going this weekend to take her ccw class and she is going to carry the FiveseveN or the P30( when that comes in). I got my gf into guns just b/c its great stress relief (to us) and she wants to be able to defend herself when im not around and best of all she isnt a bad shot! I have a feeling that im going to be looking at rings or new tires and rims and more guns....havent decided yet lol. Good luck with your wife though Ship, maybe the wave of crime will change her mind.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I had a hard time getting my girlfriend into guns, too. She still isn't a crack shot or an aficionado, but I eventually got her to at least shoot with me and learn how to operate the firearms I keep loaded for defense. She actually likes my cheap little snub .38.

Whether or not she'd use them in a defensive situation, I'm not sure. I like to think that she would.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea it was a tough battle but she actually likes to go shooting with me at the range, but i end up doing most of the shooting lol and she is the mag loader lol. She even likes to shoot my H&K .45 USP

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iCeMaN said:
Good luck with your wife though Ship, maybe the wave of crime will change her mind.
We just had that talk 5 min ago - she still won't. She's gone with me 2x - but its been a couple of years since the last trip - and I can't get her to go again. She did pretty well with my USPc. I just wish she'd go 1-2x a year so she knows how to use it if she had to.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is she just of the "guns are bad" mindset or what?

My g/f was anti-gun before I met her, after some range trips and education about firearms she eased up a bit.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
dtheman said:

My g/f was anti-gun before I met her, after some range trips and education about firearms she eased up a bit.
Thats basically what i did too. And she saw how much shooting and taking care of my guns made me happy and she is going to buy me a gun soon...im hoping for a HK 45. I doubt she will have a problem with that since she likes the USP

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crime wave in your area Ship. This is a sign of a weak economy and it will cause an increase in crime. Shoplifting, drive off's, home break-ins, armed robberies, ect their all up over the whole nation. It doesn't look like it will be getting any better in the near future. :-?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
This is very troubling as well, good thing, as far as i know, my state has relatively low crime. I guess b/c there is a lot of gun toting red necks here :? One thing that help with getting the woman to shoot as well is i started her on my mosquito then after putting several clips through it and seeing me shoot the USP, she wanted to shoot it and much to my dismay, She loved it!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dtheman said:

Yea - but she's also from China - different country...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
My wife has no interest in self defense at all. Never has. She says "That's your job"... "What if I'm not around?"... "Oh, nothing will happen."

Sigh...

I bought her a taser to keep in her purse... "It's too heavy"

sigh... it sits on the kitchen counter on the charger.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
How about mace?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
iCeMaN said:
How about mace?
She had some. It was time to replace it - and I was going to buy her another 1 to keep on her keys... But, we had to get rid of it for now. She leaves her purse on the ground too much (at home) - and my son would get it eventually.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Young child + mace= disaster (potentially)

·
Registered
350 Posts
as long as she knows how to operate a weapon and has access to one, nature will take its course, when someones tryin to kick down your door im sure she will do the right thing

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adosh said:
as long as she knows how to operate a weapon and has access to one, nature will take its course, when someones tryin to kick down your door im sure she will do the right thing
Well, as she has only shot 2x in her entire life - she needs an occassional refresher. Its been a while since her last trip.

I'll keep trying, but I don't think she'll bite. Too bad...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts