FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into the idea of installing a laser on my Sig P229R. I was wondering what your opinions were on the Crimson Trace lasergrips and the Lasermax internal guide rod systems. I'm already well aware that lasers aren't designed to rely on in place of your irons, but they certainly have their benefits. Right now I'm leaning towards the Lasermax. From what I understand, it's a pulsating laser as opposed to a solid beam from the CT lasergrips. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tspeis

·
Registered
857 Posts
I got the lasermax on my M&P
very nice, a little difficult to reach easily for turning it on and off

that advantage goes to the grips

This was my first laser, and i am really a supporter of them now. You can shoot much faster with out having to bring the gun back up to look through the sights. I can empty the magazine very quickly while staying on target with relative accuracy. Plus the psyc. factor of seeing a red dot on you is similar to hearing a shotgun rack.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I used to have a CT lasergrip on my 1911 and LOVED it. Automatically turned n when I squeezed the grip.
Right now I have a lasermax mini for my pistols now, and don't really like it that much. Sadly no lasergrips for my guns. Also it sucks having to find a holster for them for CCW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts