FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well today was the 1st time I got to the range since I broke my leg in march. After 4 screws and a rod in my right leg I am walking again without crutches. I been back at work, and so far so good. I haven't fired my glock 17 in a long time, and I took it to the range 1 hour ago. I was very pleased with my results with the crimson trace laser grip on my Glock 17. The problem I see with it is its not left hand friendly. Right above my left thumb knuckle I got a 4 or 5 mm blister from the laser grip rubbing up against my hand after 15 (17round) mags, but the laser once I sighted it in correctly is dead on at 7 yards. I can draw from the holster, and I hit center or near center without using my sights at all. I took pics of the targets. I know its not the best idea to practice firing without using your sights, but in a real world up close and person last second gun fight I pretty sure the only part of the sight that might be used is just the front sight. Another thing i dont like about the laser grips is that there is no way to turn it off, and if there was a on off switch or button it would be 10 for 10 in my book. But the fact that is it not left hand friendly, and no on off switch gives it a 9 out of 10.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Sorry to hear about the leg problems.

As for the grips - yea - the Beretta 92 and 1911 models have an on/off switch. Unfortunately, the Glock model doesn't. That was 1 thing that always kept me from buying them back when I had a Glock 34

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I also noticed my m9 with fixed sights seems to hit just to the left of center which kinda pisses me off i know i`m a good shot even though i`m a bit rusty for not shooting for several months. I dunno my glock 17 has never let me down.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Ouch. Have you considered getting a lasermax guide rod?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, they make one for the XD - but not for the 45 version. And, I plan to get the competition trigger job on my XD45 - so, itw ill just be a range toy, not a defensive gun for me.

I wish they'd come up with a backstrap laser for the P99 like they have for the M&P

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I was considering getting a different trigger for the H&K

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
workingman1976 said:
i had one i didnt like it i ended up selling it
I have had my G17 lasermax guide rod for four years now. It still works great. Last year the laser dot started to get big and fuzzy looking. It turned out to be "junk" stuck to the lens. I got it clean and now it is back to like new.

The only grip laser I tried was at a gunshow in Houston with Ship. It was on a Kimber Ultra Covert II (nice gun)

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/covert/ultra_covert_II/

but my trigger finger blocked the laser unless I put my finger on the trigger. I didn't like that. So the guide rod lasers work best for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts