FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Critical Dimensions PS90 Field Tool

Anyone wonder why FN charges about $50 for that optic adjustment tool? I never got one because I thought it was ridiculously over priced.

Well, we have a cheaper alternative now...

Critical Dimensions makes a tool that fits the hex screws that are used to attach everything to the PS90 - Side rails, optic rail, stock sight, etc.

And, if you DO still use the optic sight, there is a raised section on the other end! It will adjust the fastners that are used to change the zero on the stock white and black ringed sights.

So, all this in 1 tool.

When I took off my side rails and mounted my double rail mount (reviewed here: http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=5966 ), having this tool was MUCH nicer than using a hex wrench. It made things go much faster.

Also, the tool has a whole in it, so you could tie a leather shoe string through it. The Field Tool is shaped to fit in the buttstock of the PS90, above the trigger group. If you do put some sort of string on the Field Tool, then it could be wrapped around the tool to stop any rattling that the tool would make.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I keep mine on a dog tag chain. It can also go on a key ring.
In addition this tool is not specifically meant to be solely a sight adjustment tool, but a one piece field tool for the P90 & PS90. It works with the 3mm socket head cap screws included with other manufacturers side rails AND fits the factory stock fasteners as well.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I have a couple of theses and the factory FN tool.
Personally I like the CriticalDimensions tool better.
Its easier to store and use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts