FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new Low Profile Rails(version 2) from Critical Dimensions, and I am impressed.
These are top notch rails, the best PS90 rails I have tried so far.

They sit close and snug to the receiver, keeping the already thin PS90 profile from getting too wide.
With these low profile rails installed, the receiver does not get any wider from it. This is what I was looking for.

Also, one thing that this rail has that many don't are curved corners.
This makes sliding on a tac-light with ease, you can even do it without looking.
Because the corners are curved, you don't have to place you accessory exactly in in the right spot to mount it. The curved corner will help guide it into place.

The rails took about 1 minute each to install, very simple.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The one thing not shown on the sample side rails that were sent out is the Engraved Slot Positions which are standard on all CD Rails. The cut corners also prevent leading edge damage and were implemented after US Army test data was evaluated. Future CD Mil-Std 1913 Rail Mount Interface production will feature the cut corners process initiative as prescribed by DFARS 252.211-7005 on specific rail models.
Watch for several more new optimum products from Critical Dimensions this Summer, including new Buttstock Extension variants for the PS90 & FS2000 and the new PS90 Tactical Magazine Latch coming soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts