FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to try out Critical Dimensions Polymer Buttstock extension today. I have had mixed feelings about the buttstock extensions - as everyone loves the short length of the stock PS90. But, I thought I'd give it a go.

I disassembled the PS90 after taking my sling off, and I replaced the stock buttstock with the one from Critical Dimensions. I then reassembled the weapon in just a few seconds.

I must say that when I first shouldered it with the new extension - I REALLY liked the feel. It's much lighter than the aluminum extension I previously tried and reviewed in another thread. It really doesn't add any noticeable weight to the weapon, but the added length to the PS90 actually makes the weapon balance better. I know it seems counter intuitive to make a PS90 LONGER, but this thing is sweet.

I now have a preferable distance from my eye to my Eotech, and I found the PS90 a bit easier to shoulder. I walked around my house with it shouldered, and the extension feels really good.

I've switched it back and forth from extension to stock, and back to extension - and, I must say... I never thought I'd use an extension fulltime. But I am VERY tempted to leave the extension on my gun. I already have an additional lanyard from Urban ERT to make my sling fit the PS90 with the extension - so, that issue is not a problem.

I think I'll go back and forth with it a few more times, because it seems strange for me to WANT to lengthen the weapon. But, I gotta say - it really improves the feel of the PS90.

One note - for whatever reason - the polymer piece had a whitish color over the black when I got it. But, I took a cleaning patch and put some Breakfree on it - I then coated the extension with the Breakfree, and then wiped it down thoroughly. After doing that, even after the polymer dried, it matched the color of the black FN PS90 stock really closely.

So, two thumbs up... :idea: :idea:

And now, I think I'm gonna go add that sling extension to the extended buttstock and see how that works...

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Polymer Buttstock Extensions are made from one piece of black polymer. Polymer is a petroleum product. When cleaned with soap & water it appears dull or grayish, but wipe on your favorite gun oil or lube and the polymer will be as black as an Ace of Spades, until washed again. We wash the extensions to remove the machining fluids, just oil or wash per preference. We do recommend a light coating of lube oil or teflon type synthetic on the extensions if you install and remove the Buttstock Extensions alot, it just helps reduce wear/friction if dirt or dust gets introduced to the slots.
The Extensions are comfortable to use, improve sight acquisition (yes, even the factory ring sights), which increases markmanship performance.
Just wait until you get some range time with it, Shipwreck! 8)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - it is official - I'll see how I feel at the range - but for now - I much prefer the extension.

Luckily, I have the sling lanyard to fit it (from Urban ERT). So, I'm gonna leave it on.

Between the extended cocking knob, this extension, and a few other things, I have a rather unique PS90 now...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I got to shoot the gun today with the polymer extension finally. It gives me a tiny bit more distance between my eye and the EOtech.

Thumbs up :?

I'm gonna leave it on the gun. :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts