FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somewhere floating around is the original build for me cutting the entire top off this PS90. ive been kicking around a few more mods recently, and after all this months shows, conventions, and a quick trip to Acapulco...i finally had some time to get moving.

ive always wanted a dual color laser set-up. one color zero'd to 50ft, one to 100yds. i never really figured out a good clean way to do it till recently.

Parts:
CAA fwd mini rail system
Lasermax Unimax Green laser
Lasermax Unimax Red laser
2x tape switch conversions
2x micro off(on) momentary switches
2x 1/8 jacks
wire
guts

why guts? it takes guts to drill 4 holes in a PS90 stock, then cut up 2 brand new Lasermax tapeswitch adapters. never a great feeling, but so far its gone perfectly fine.

here is a pic of the switches mounted on the left side. they are activated by the shooters right thumb.

a 1/4" change in thumb position can activate either the top or bottom switch or sit in between for no laser.

the lasers jack in the front of the housing. this makes the unit still 100% quick take down, if needed. also, inside i have a molex plus so the 2 halves of the stock can easily be seperated. im hunting some high quality 1/8" 90deg plugs to finish off the external wiring. i will also be machining a wire mount to attach the wire to the CAA rail for neatness.

jacks

temp. wired to test it all out.

i really wanted to have the wires jack in somewhere else, but functionally they are in the way anyother place on the gun. im not too worried, ill make it look good in the end.

next up: SBR and can

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
mpwrian said:
That doesn't look like the Thompson Machine PX 90 receiver. If that is what you are talking about?
Yes, that was what I meant... I'll have to look at that again - I thought that this is what he had...

·
Registered
67 Posts
ShipWreck said:
mpwrian said:
That doesn't look like the Thompson Machine PX 90 receiver. If that is what you are talking about?
Yes, that was what I meant... I'll have to look at that again - I thought that this is what he had...
Seems like his is custom made judging by his past posts.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Bone Dust did the machine work himself, He posted pics here a while back of using a band saw to cut through the top section of a new PS90. The title was something like "My first post so I better make it good one" Or just look through all the posts by BD to find it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mpwrian said:
How about a link? Why is your receiver silver? How did you make the mods and what rail parts did you use?
the top rail was cut and fitted out of a 12" section of raw pic rail material. the reciever is an OEM FN reciever. i bandsaw'd off all the big chunks and machined back the rest slowly. then came ALOT of hand filing, sanding and polishing to smooth out all the casting lines in the original piece. the reciever is actually blue...and thats because thats the color i had available at the time i needed it coated. my intention is to do a full gun color scheme once i have the silencer and SBR sorted out.

i have another one im going to do for a friend. ill try and document it this time around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bonedust said:
somewhere floating around is the original build for me cutting the entire top off this PS90.
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=6953
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=1354

blkbd said:
Bone Dust did the machine work himself, He posted pics here a while back of using a band saw to cut through the top section of a new PS90. The title was something like "My first post so I better make it good one" Or just look through all the posts by BD to find it.
This is majorwest's
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=44490&highlight=#44490

This is what I could find on these.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts