FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, wow the turn around time was quick. Ordered it 3/5 and received it today 3/24.

Construction seems to be well done with an eye for detail as there are no rough or sharp edges body side and only a couple on the outside (on the SnapLok clips). When I was wearing it earlier it was comfortable; yet I could still tell it was there, more than likely due to the weight of my Kimber TacPro II.

Thus far the only thing I would change is having not chosen the "combat grip" option, but that is a minor gripe that was of my own causing.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Good review, I decided not to get the combat grip cut and while at times the draw isn't as quick with that extra leather there, the comfort level is greater. It's a minor trade off in my opinion.

Mine is squeaking quite a bit, so I probably need to condition the leather.

What do you think is the best carry position for this holster? 4:00 is comfortable, but my full size handle tends to poke out quite a bit when I bend or twist. I've actually found that I can carry just in front of the strong side hip and get very good concealment and maintain decent comfort. A little tight when sitting, but not too bad. This may be because I have a runner's medium/thin frame. I would imagine if you have any kind of gut it wouldn't work out too well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is squeeking as well and after playing with it some it appears to be the plastic clips rubbing against the leather. Haven't done anything yet to stop it, but am thinking of taking the clips off and scuffing the backside of them some.

Comfort wise I find one or slightly behind my strong side hip works well, but that slightly in front of the hip conceals better with comfort being down because of having a gut.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That's a good point about how the squeak is coming from behind the clips, I may give that a try or at least put some leather conditioning cream right there to lube that area a little.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the first time since I got it I've worn it most the day (job is at a gun free location mandated by state gov't.) and the squeaking is definitely annoying. I don't know if it's loud enough to be heard, but walking through a quiet room with it squeaking to where I can hear it is enough to make me uncomfortable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been experimenting with various holsters. I have to admit, so far the Crossbreed is the best I've tested so far.

I haven't any squeaking problems, but I could see it happening.

Overall, I would suggest to anyone a Crossbreed IWB Super Tuck.

As a side note, wearing it at 4:00 o'clock works the best with me.

FM

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am considering a SuperTuck for my FNP-45.

Pros: Seems that people who have them like them.
Mostly leather for comfort.
Possible cons: Seems like a big rig. I am used to a Milt Sparks MMX that barely weighs a few ounces. Also, Custom Concealment Concepts mini kydex, and High Noon Hidden Ally tuckable. All light and compact.

I carry at 2:00, and at 6'0" and 221 lbs. with a newly developing love handle, I wonder if all that rig is more difficult to position for a good fit (although I'm not overly sensitive to the presence of a holster).

The above mentioned squeeking.

Hmmmm.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
To stop the squeeking, saddle soap seems to work pretty good. Mine doesn't squeek too much. Also, it's lite.

I wear mine at the 5:00 position (6'3" 155 lbs). Gives great concealment and is very comfortable (at least for me).

·
Registered
9 Posts
here is my first post.

Mine squeaked a little. I used an old gun trick to fix it... VELCRO!

Take some stick on velcro, soft side of it. Stick it on there so the plastic doesn't rub on the leather... no more squeaks... no worries about having to re-lube it later, nothing...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Crossbreed Super Tuck

Ordered mine for my FNP-45 on a Saturday night and it showed up at my office on the following Wednesday. Quality looks and feels great and gun fits like a glove. I am deciding where to position the holster for the most comfort. Only place I have tried so far is 3:00 and it is comfortable but when I bend over at the waist it sticks out like a 2 x 4. The coast of NC stays pretty warm so I do not have the luxury of a big coat or jacket.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just ordered a set for my FiveSeven, if it's as good as everyone says I'll be getting them for my 1911 and P7PSP too.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I had one of my snaplocks crack on me tonight while adjusting it (I have two pair of the velcro ones as well, but have not used them-using 1 right now). They now ship with steel "snaplocks" and are for sale by themselves, so I ordered a pair to upgrade and fit a need :roll:

I never really did like the kydex ones a whole lot. I was always wondering when they were going to crack, and I guess tonight was the night, but the steel ones should be good.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Got the steel clips and guess what? No more squeeking! I like them much better than the kydex ones. The steel feels much stronger (obviously) and clips onto the belt just as good without scuffing it up (didn't care for the sharp edges on the kydex clips). And the saddle soap works wonders on any squeaks you may have due to the gun in the holster (I'm using Kiwi all color leather saddle soap).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts