FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a better holster for a USPc? Minotaur MTSC (from CTAC) or Crossbreed Supertuck?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Haven't ever tried the MTAC, but from the looks of it, it looks like it could be uncomfortable due to the back not being all one piece/having the upper stiched on. The Supertuck is a touch cheaper and is all one piece, which is very comfortable. You can change how deep the weapon rides with the supertuck and the angle a little bit (a few degree's, nothing much). From looking at the construction of the two (and personal experience with the Supertuck), you can't go wrong with the Supertuck, but the MTAC looks like it could potentially pinch, plus the stitching could also come undone, and you can't alter it at all without adding new stitching. I altered my Supertuck a bit by cutting a off some of the leather that I felt was unnecessary.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a lot of reading at the Defensive Forum website - and I think the Supertuck is the way to go as well.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I like the crossbreed

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Shipwreck, how do you plan to wear it? With clothes tucked in or untucked? If you plan to wear it with clothes untucked check out a Bianchi Model 6 IWB holster. I have one that I use for my USP 9, FNP40 and my little bro's G20 on occasion. That holster only cost like $20-25.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
raggededge said:
Does anyone know if they're making the supertuck for the .45?
They are not listed on their list, but I know they are open to making them for new weapons. They might ask for the gun if they haven't made any for the 45 yet.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Furyataurus said:
If you plan to wear it with clothes untucked check out a Bianchi Model 6 IWB holster. I have one that I use for my USP 9, FNP40 and my little bro's G20 on occasion. That holster only cost like $20-25.
I loked at it just now - its basically a leather version of an Uncle Mike's inside the wasteband holster. The ones with just 1 clip like that do not seem secure enough to me. I carried that was for years with a Glock 26, but not my fav.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Furyataurus said:
If you plan to wear it with clothes untucked check out a Bianchi Model 6 IWB holster. I have one that I use for my USP 9, FNP40 and my little bro's G20 on occasion. That holster only cost like $20-25.
I loked at it just now - its basically a leather version of an Uncle Mike's inside the wasteband holster. The ones with just 1 clip like that do not seem secure enough to me. I carried that was for years with a Glock 26, but not my fav.
The Bianchi "clip" is incredibly STRONG!!! and its made from "spring" steel not polymer/plastic!!!

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
No it doesn't!!! I've ripped a belt loop off my pants trying to move it!!! Luckily they were old jeans. How do I say this........the spring clip is designed where the belt definitely fits through it where you can adjust the belt but the fabric of the jeans/pants you wear is held in place by the clip and its "backing plate?" and it holds it pretty tight!

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
If you don't like "open" holsters the 6D has an adjustable thumb strap. That's the only difference really, one is open the other has a thumb strap.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I get IWB, then I don't want a strap. For a belt holster OWB, I like the strap (I like the FLETCH from Galco for that).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts