FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Video in article:

'This is Marxism': Cuban Refugee Manuel Martinez Confronts Oregon Lawmakers on Gun Control Attempt

Storyleak: A man who fled Cuba’s communist regime in the 1960s blasted Oregon lawmakers Thursday during a public hearing on proposed gun control legislation. Manuel Martinez, who narrowly escaped Cuba in 1962 after being imprisoned for opposing Fidel Castro, passionately defended the Second Amendment in front of Oregon’s Senate Judiciary Committee, comparing the state’s attempts to pass gun control to moves made by his former government.

“Don’t sell me this. A very powerful man tried to sell me this 50-something years ago, I didn’t buy it,” Martinez said. “This is Marxism, plain and clear.”
Considering recent videos which have been circulating the Internet, it is interesting that legal immigrants are some of the most vocal people for American freedoms, and the 2nd Amendment in particular. It is easy to take something for granted if you have known it all your life, less easy if you just discovered what freedom really is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts