FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the current LE prices if for a Scar 17s, please? I placed an order over a year ago through a local FNH LE dealer and they can finally get me one, but are trying to jack up the price over $300.

·
Registered
505 Posts
$300 over MSRP? You can find NIB black and FDE ones for around $2,600 to $2,700 all day long on the web. Not sure what shipping costs though.

Reactions: Mesa

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curren LE price is $2585 according to another LE dealer. I agreed to pay my local LE dealer $2600 when they were $2400 and change in order to cover shipping. Now they're trying to charge MSRP, but give me a good deal by knocking off $150. I hate getting the run around. If I wanted to pay that much I would have bought one off of Gunbroker a year ago.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Curren LE price is $2585 according to another LE dealer. I agreed to pay my local LE dealer $2600 when they were $2400 and change in order to cover shipping. Now they're trying to charge MSRP, but give me a good deal by knocking off $150. I hate getting the run around. If I wanted to pay that much I would have bought one off of Gunbroker a year ago.

Time to get your money back. Sounds like they want you to just go away so they can sell it for the usual $3,200 dealer prices. By the way that just sucks they would do that to you.

·
Registered
505 Posts
So I just checked my usual spots online. Last night they sold every FDE that was $2,700! Im a week out from ordering mine. That sucks. If I find a good deal on a FDE SCAR 17 I will PM you a link. Another option is to get a black one and have it Cerakoted the color you want.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think Stryker Enterprises is an LE dealer and has an excellent reputation on here. You might PM him and see if he can meet your price point?

Reactions: STL and Kay9Cop

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had a dealer knock $100 off for me. He had to charge me $100 more for the FDE that he quoted me for since he had to use a different distributer. I paid $2900 with tax. I could of got the black 17s for around $2700. Supply and demand suck sometimes.

If a department is purchasing the rifle, its much cheaper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Aren't LE dealers supposed to sell their LE guns for a certain price range as determined by FN? I remember them sending the dealer packet to the gun shop I used to work with, but we didn't go through because my local guys aren't paid enough to buy their own dinner, much less a personal firearm.

If its anything like the Glock LE program, they not only have a certain LE price range to sell it at, but they cannot sell the gun to civilians because its specifically marked for LE sales only. The dealer would have to fax a copy of your LE ID to their LE distributor to confirm sale. Some companies are very strict about how their LE guns are controlled, since its a privilege exclusive to officers and they don't want it being abused. A local dealer lost their LE dealer contract last year with Glock because they were getting greedy and selling the blue label guns at full MSRP during the big buying scare.

Regardless, that's not cool. There's a definite line between business and outright greed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suspect the dealer wants me to cancel my order so that they can sell it higher, but that's just my hunch. I've had all of the accessories, including optics, sitting in my safe for over a year waiting for a rifle, so I'm kinda pissed at the run around now that it's so close. The order was for an FDE, so that makes it all the worse. I think I'm just gonna pick up a black from gunbroker and then report the dealer to FNH USA.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Prices depend on a number of factors and very widely from dealer to dealer, with some FN LEO/Mil dealers waiting for over 18 months to receive an FDE 17S. Finding a LEO/Mil sub-D that has an FDE 17S in stock for less than $2500 is going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

I'm out of stock myself and haven't received an FDE 17S since 10-2012, just to give you an idea of demand...

-SS

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
That is interesting... If one waits long enough... on GB or in " forum market places " I have seen used ones go for 2300 2350 + or so, what I see frequently is owners really take care of their SCAR's and they are in almost new condition when being sold.
Hard to wear out a SCAR in the civilian arena.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If any LEO's are still looking, I'd try Lawmen's Safety supply in Raleigh, NC 919-779-6141. They had the 17S in stock in both colors and for less than the LEO prices mentioned above. I don't have a nearby dealer so I emailed FN and they gave me a list. Half the dealers didn't return my call and the others wanted $2600+.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If any LEO's are still looking, I'd try Lawmen's Safety supply in Raleigh, NC 919-779-6141. They had the 17S in stock in both colors and for less than the LEO prices mentioned above. I don't have a nearby dealer so I emailed FN and they gave me a list. Half the dealers didn't return my call and the others wanted $2600+.
I can confirm that the price @ Lawman's was lower than the advertised LEO price.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I bought my 17s in Black at Lawman's in Charlotte, NC for $2800 that is including tax.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts